Yfwd abbr

Hey all,

simple question, I hope! The pattern I’ve got from my sister has the abbr. of K1 yfwd… and I’ve figured out that K1 = knit one and yfwd = yarn forward… but does anyone know what yarn forward means, I believe it’s a specific increase… any thoughts would be great! Thanks

Really it depends on what the next stitch is. In British patterns they are more likely to put yarn forward than yarn over, but in some “fancy stitch” patterns a yarn forward before a slip stitch and then yarn back makes a pattern effect

Usually if you see yfwd between 2 knit sts, it’s a YO. Or if it’s `k1, yfwd, sl 1, k1, psso’ same as a YO.