is ‘yf’ the same thing as yfwd or just yarn forward?
it’s a lattice stitch pattern in Ready Set Knit and i can’t figure out what it means.

yes. As in yarn forward to purl.

okay, so do i automatically purl, or do i just bring it forward and continue in the pattern? because it says “k2tog, yo, k2, yo, *sl 1, k2tog, psso, yo, k3, [B]yf[/B]; rep. from * to last 2 sts, ssk.”

so would i k3, then bring the yarn forward, purl, then go back and sl 1? or just bring the yarn forward, and then sl 1?

which brings me to ask another question, lol, how do you ssk? :shrug: :teehee:

you would bring yarn forward slip stitch and continue on in pattern. They are telling you to “slip the stitch as if to purl” is another way it can be stated in patterns. So no don’t purl just slip stitch.

I believe that it’s a type and should be a YO. That would mean there are two yo’s and two decreases in the repeat.

To do ssk, slip 2 stitches separately knitwise (slip, slip) from the left needle to the right, then knit them together by inserting the left needle into the front of them. It has pretty much the same effect as sl 1, k1, psso, making a left leaning dec.

okay, thank you everyone! i think i have it figured out now :muah: