YF question

Does YF create 2 stitches!

strong text


Are you from the UK? Do you mean “yarn forward”, or does YF stand for something else…?

Abbreviations, even terms, aren’t all universal. But if it is “yarn forward” (aka “yarn round needle,” and others, or in the USA, “yarn over”) then it creates one new stitch in between two existing stitches (there is such thing as a “double yarn over,” and I don’t know what that is called in the UK, but I assume it would be written differently).