Yes, another pair of socks and I used a few new techniques which I thought I would share.
CO TOES: A while ago X put up a post about knitting the first row for JMCO with the tail thereby doubling the number of stitches. I have been using this on my last few pairs of socks and I really like this - worth a try.
I also used lifted increases for the first time. I have found them easier than the M1R M1L, particularly the M1R. I found Arenda Holiday’s video on these increases is good.
HEELS: I used German Short Rows instead of W&T and it is much easier to see what stitch needs to be worked. Mimi Kezer’s video on German Short Rows is exceptional and this one by her also details substituting W&T with German Short Rows.
Anyway, enough. The socks are Hummingbirdby Sandy Rosner. I did these toe up based on Liat Gats pattern. CO using JMCO with tail knitted in with yarn on R1. Heel flap done K1S1 and did tubular BO. Knitted using 2mm & 2.5mm needles and the yarn is
Zwerger Garn Opal. It’s a bit rough to work with while knitting but does wash up lovely and soft.