Yarn snob

I have officially become a yarn snob…LOL

I bought some AWESOME Karabella (sp?) extrafine Merino yarn (for pants for my baby) and it is AMAZING to knit with!! super smooth, slides so easy, and i can knit at least twice as fast with it.

then i went to my other project…a xmas stocking fo rmy MIL, which i am using cheap acrylic yarn. i HATE it!!! LOL

so i have decided that i am officially a yarn SNOB. i only want soft and silky yarn!!

now i just need the money to feed my new addiction
:rofling:

:XX:

I know exactly how you feel. As soon as I started with Natural fibers, I couldn’t even touch the cheap-o acrylic stuff. I have many yarn loves; Lorna’s Laces, Cherry Tree Hill, Knitpicks Amberosia (well, really, all of knitpicks yarns…lmao)

Yup, ever since I started with the Malabrigo, I don’t want to use anything else. :inlove:

another yarn snob checking in here

at this very moment i am wearing my clapotis that i made with Lorna’s Laces Lion & Lamb in Black Purl (i will post a pic tomorrow, if i can get a pic of it in the right lighting)

i just can’t stand Red Heart or Caron or most Lion Brand stuff - it feels icky

today i should be receiving 2 packages - some Artyarns Supermerino and some SWTC Karaoke

knitting ain’t a cheap hobby, that’s for sure

yup…my MILs stocking is Red Heart…i think i am just going to buy some peruvian wool from Knitpicks…never tried it, but its pretty cheap, and i have heard good stuff about it.
i paid $9 for a 50 gram ball of Karabella. and i needed 4 for my sons pants…he is 5 months old and has a pair or 40 dollar pants HAHAHAHA

that’s why i don’t knit for kids - no way am i handing over a $50 scarf to a 9 year old, no matter how much i love her

:roflhard:

Well I haven’t been knitting long enough to become a yarn snob yet. Let me rephrase that… I haven’t knitted with any “nice” stuff {with the exception of the Sirdar Denim I’m using right now} to become a yarn snob. BUT I am a thread snob. After crocheting with some DMC Cebelia, going back to “Old Maid” {my name for South Maid} felt like crocheting with sandpaper!!! The only time I use South Maid now is when I need a specific colour… that’s the one thing it does have!

Well, I am not exactly a yarn snob. I just choose the yarn based on what it will be used for. When I make hats and gloves for the boy, he gets wool-ease yarn from lion brand. Just because it is a good compromise between “feels good” and “lasts long”. :slight_smile:

But I like to use nice yarn too.

plus i know you love your baby but why use expensive yarns on baby clothes knowing the won’t wear it next month? at the rate my 6 month is going by the time she is 9 months she will be wearing 12month clothes!
i guess it can be a nice keepsake though.

i know!! it was just SOOOO soft, i couldnt resist. :wink:

i know what you mean! girl but i have to resist cause i have f kids and they will all be better dress than me… nit they already aren’t cause i don’t have any clothes!!!
but i did try to knit a hat with that nasty red heart…YUCK!!! i hate that stuff.

Growth is why I don’t knit my kids socks :slight_smile: I don’t mind spending good money on hats, scarves, and sweaters, but their feet grow way too fast for them to get socks.

I’m afraid that my yarn snobbiness is with sock yarn…LOL…and I have an affinity for all South West Trading Co. yarns, but these are for special occasions…I so love everything at so many places…artyarns, but they are @ one of my fave sites… www.kpixie.com and I do so love my knitpicks…what did I ever do without them :shock: ?!

I try to be a FRUGAL yarn snob, I dont buy much that’s not on MEGASALE!

That’s me…I’m a REAL yarn snob only now & then for special things…Mostly I’m a knitpicks yarn snob… :heart: :inlove: :heart: KP :wink:

OMG, I am so with you. I went to my LYS yesterday to return a set of $7 dpns and spent $62 on yarns that were ON SALE! I am making sweaters for my boys. My consolation is this: I’m making them a size too big (little boys look so cute in oversized sweaters) to hopefully get 2 seasons out of them and the younger can grow into the older one’s plus my younger is a bit of a runt and doesn’t grow very fast (he’s been in size 12 month for about 9 months). Plus it is so yummy! I have been using recycled wool sweaters but nothing compares to the new, soft merino stuff. Ahhhhhh…

i SOOO want to try Karaoke!