Yarn shopping questions

hi all - i want to buy 24 oz. of fingering weight yarn and am looking for good recommendations for online yarn stores… can you help me?

So far I have bought all my yarns from Knit Picks and love them. I do a lot of socks and there fingering weight yarns can’t be beat for softness and the price. I use Palette it is a 100% Peruvian Wool. My dh loves it on his feet. He is diabetic and he loves the way they feel on his feet. The only problem is they are hand wash. I am going to try and get the washable next time around. Just to make my life a little better.:wink:

check out woolgirl.com.

You should check out KP Risata. It is a cotton/wool/elastic blend and very soft.

Hi, I just wanted to kinda intruduce myself because I’ve been posting and lurking here for almost 6 months and have never introduced myself!
SO: HI! I’m Sue, I"ve been knitting for about a year. My mom taught me when I was a little girl, but I never really got into it much. Then my daughter and daughter-in-law became pregnant both at the same time, so I decided what better time to pick up the needles than now! So I did!

[B]BY FAR THE MOST IMPORTANT THING I’VE LEARNED SO FAR IS THAT A NEW KNITTER SHOULD NEVER TRY TO ‘TWEEK’ OR CHANGE A PATTERN IN ANY WAY THINKING IT MAY MAKE IT EASIER…IT WON’T! [/B]
I thought I’d knit a sweater, my first adult sweater mind you, and I figured it would be easier to knit it in the round rather than in pieces. HA! NOT!
Right now I’m racking my brain, frogging, ripping…just basically trying to figure out how to put some sleeves and a collar in my sweater so it will look nice. I’m pretty sure I can do it with the help of you wonderful (and I mean WONDERFUL) knitters out there!
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I also want to knit a cat bed sometime in the near future, so if anybody knows a good cat bed pattern, please link it for me.[/FONT]
So thats about it. Oh yeah, I’m in my 50’s, married to the same guy for about 25 years, I have 3 children (one passed away) and 2 grand babies and another one on the way and 1 step grand son. And 2 cats. I’m also the caretaker of my elderly mother, who lives with me, sort of…my mom has lived in this little tiny studio apartment for 30 years or so, about 4 years ago the apartment right next to hers became vacant, so I grabbed it and now I live right next door to my mom. But she is either at my apartment, or me at hers, so we’re always together. I just wish she was like she used to be so she could help me when I get stuck at knitting, but she has dementia and her memory is horrible. Oh welll, at least she is healty physically.
I want to add one last thing, if you’re still reading (lol!!) I just want to thank everybody who has been helping me. Some of the beautiful knitting on here just blows me away!!!
:muah:
luv,sue

KP have good value and fantastic customer service I believe. Elann apparently has nice stuff, decent prices, I have very often seen good stuff on sale - heaps off - at Littleknits also