Yarn Question

DH, tried to surprize me when he bought some yarn off of ebay. I now have a few skiens of MaryMaxim’s Starlette 4ply worsted weight yarn 110% Acrylic.

I am not good at knowing what is good yarn and what is not , yet. What can I do with this yarn?:x:

I see you’re on Ravelry so here’s a little trick. Look up the yarn on Rav and then you can see what other have made with it. That is one of my favorite things about Ravelry!

Here’s the project page. Depending on how much you have it looks like people have made just about everything with it.
http://www.ravelry.com/yarns/library/mary-maxim-starlette/projects

Someone shared a pattern from Mary Maxim and when on their site I went to see if they still made this yarn. They do. Here is what it said about it:

Machine wash and dry at low settings for shape retention and reduced pilling. Moth-proof & non-allergenic. Approx. 180 yds (165 m) per 3 1/2 oz. (100 gm) ball. Sugg. gauge 18 sts & 24 rows to 10 cm on 5.0 mm needles.

The price for it was $3.39. So it sounds like it is probably about like any rather inexpensive acrylic of the same weight. I’m sure you could make a lot of things out of it like Jan said, it just depends on your own taste.