Yarn question

Two frinds just had baby girls and I thought of knitting them a hat/booties combo.

The thing is, I’m worried about knitting in natural wool, because I don’t know if the babies are allergic to it… (I know a few people there are…)

So, I decided to use acrylic, but they all seems so rough… Do you guys have any acrylics for baby clothing that you recommend?

I heard of Encore, but I’m not sure how soft really is…

TIA!! :heart: :heart:

nah i don’t think encore is baby soft. did you look at TLC? or Caron Simply Soft?

I do have a Caron here at home, but is yellow… :crying: It seems soft but I haven’t actually knitted anything with it, kwim?

What’s the best place online to get acrylics?

I’ve used Encore for baby sweaters and it is soft, but not sooooooft. There are cotton blends that are nice and soft. Baby yarn is acrylic/nylon and it is also soft. I think that washability is a big factor, too. Maybe you should go to the store and just feel them all and see what appeals to you.

I’ve used Encore for baby sweaters and it is soft, but not sooooooft. There are cotton blends that are nice and soft. Baby yarn is acrylic/nylon and it is also soft. I think that washability is a big factor, too. Maybe you should go to the store and just feel them all and see what appeals to you.