Yarn over with purling

with knitting I simply put yarn in front to do a yarn over… Seems I am doing something wrong when purling they yarn is wrapped wrong and isn’t making another stitch…:eyes:

Is your yarn over between purls? The yarn is in front so you just need to take the yarn over the top of the right needle and down and around to the front again. Then purl. That will cause the extra strand for the yarn over.

so I wrap yarn all the way around and back to front then purl next st… seems simple… but it was giving me a fit…:yay:

Yep, that’s it. Simple once you get it, but it can give you fits all right until you “get it”. I’ve been there. :slight_smile:

ty for the help…

You actually make a yo by wrapping the yarn the same way you do for a knit or purl stitch. The difference is the R needle isn’t inserted into a st on the L needle for a YO.

You actually make a yo by wrapping the yarn the same way you do for a knit or purl stitch. The difference is the R needle isn’t inserted into a st on the L needle for a YO.

That doesn’t seem to work for every kind of yarn over. I tried and it works if you are doing this one though (that is what I told her in different words). Yours is an easy way to think of it if you knit English, but I don’t, so it didn’t occur to me. I don’t know how Doodknitwit works.

Yeah, I knit english, I would think the yarn gets wrapped for a continental yo the same as you knit as well. Though the knit to purl ones could get tricky.