Yarn Harlot Books

Is the second one as funny as the first?

Secret Life of a Knitter (is that what it’s called??) is really really good. It is more like short stories than quick little anecdotes. Really entertaining, touching, laugh out loud, great reading!

Which is the first? I just recently purchased and read “Knitting Rules” and really liked it…

I think Knitting Rules is the third one. The first one is Meditations for Women Who Knit Too Much.

Hmm, does Knitting Rules have stories in it?

And I just checked Amazon and she has 4 books! Wow.

I’m reading through Yarn Harlot The Secret L OAK so slow! Cause I dont want it to end!

Knitting Rules does have some stories in it but it also has a lot more stuff on actual knitting stuff - techniques, categories of projects (a whole chapter on scarves, a whole chapter on socks, etc.). It’s also very good.

Dont quote me on this but I think this is the order of the books, Cast on, Women Who Knit Too Much, Yarn Harlot, and Knitting Rules.

The order is close, but not quite. The actual order (with dates from Amazon) is:

“At Knit’s End: Meditations for Women Who Knit Too Much” - Mar 15, 2005
"Yarn Harlot: The Secret Life of a Knitter" - Sep 1, 2005
"Knitting Rules!: The Yarn Harlot’s Bag of Knitting Tricks - Mar 1, 2006
and finally “Cast Off” - which she is still writing and is scheduled for publication Mar 30, 2007.

I enjoyed all three. The first two are best catagorized as “knitting humor,” while the third is a humerous book of tips and tricks. No clue on the contents of the forth - she hasn’t hinted on her blog as far as I have seen.

Perfect timing for this topic. She’s coming to Portland this week, and I thought I should probably buy one of her books at the signing. Thanks!

I have all three of her books and they really make me laugh out loud!!! I think the third book was my favorite. I can’t wait until her next one…I’ll buy it. :muah: