Yarn Forward?

How do I “Yarn Forward”??? I knit english style and I’m having problems figuring out how to get this stitch… no video :think:

It could mean one of two things, depending on the next st. If the next one is a slip st, it means bring your yarn to the front to slip the stitch, then move it to the back. If the next st is a knit or k2tog it’s the same as a yarnover. If the next st is slip1, followed by k 1, psso, it’s also a yarnover.