Yarn forward

how do you do this? is it the same as yarn over?

Is this a British pattern? (Like Rowan?) If so, yfwd is the same as YO.

If it’s not a British pattern, you bring the yarn under the needle and not over it.

I’ve never heard that. :??

According to The Knitter’s Bible it’s the same thing as YO as far as I can tell.

I always read yarn forward and just bringing the yarn to the front between the needles. If the next stitch is a knit, you’ll get a yo, anyway. Sometimes a yarn forward is used for the pattern, like when you bring the yarn forward, slip stitches, and then bring it back.

Yes it is a Rowan! thanks!