Yarn for charity

I’m part of a knitting charity that knits hats, socks, teddy bears, etc. to send to babies around the world. But, we are in need of yarn. If anyone has any old yarn that they don’t want/use if you help us a great deal.

Does your group have a name?

I’m sorry but I hesitate every time I see requests like this. It may not be a legitimate organization, but someone seeking free yarn that will in turn be sold on Ebay for profit. I find it suspicious that this is your first post and you’re asking for something. Also, that you can afford the postage to ship something around the world but not the cheaper yarn. Something doesn’t add up here.

I’m afraid I have to agree. There are lots of inexpensive yarns in stores like Walmart and even thrift stores. I knit for charity a lot and buy my yarn. That’s part of knitting for charity.

I crochet hats for charity. Red Heart Supersaver and Caron One Pound are two economical yarns that won’t break the bank. Joann’s has OP for around $10. I just saw it at Walmart for around $7 something. I’m sure the worldwide charities have needs, but I’m all for helping in your own hometown. It’ll save you postage. I do hats for my local elementary school and for the Salvation Army. I can walk them over. The old expression is: Bloom where you are planted. I’m on a barely there income and still manage to buy yarn. I look upon it as my therapy to stay sane, lower my blood pressure, and as cheap entertainment. I probably give away 95% of what I make.

It’s a non-profit organization called Caring Caps. Here’s the website:

My friend and I started a Caring Caps at our local church. We send the hats to them, which they pay shipping for, and they send the hats to babies around the world. But we are really low on funds to buy enough yarn.

Thanks, that helps a lot. When you ask questions or request items it’s always best to include as much information as possible. Will you be using looms?

If someone would like to send Krazyknitter some yarn, please pm her for her address.

Yes, we will be using looms.

I see you’re in AZ. I’ll see if I can find anything.

I would help if i could but im knitting for charitys and stuff as well…

but another issue is your selling yarn 2 after asking for it…so im a little worried about that

[quote=BubbaX;1367008]I would help if i could but im knitting for charitys and stuff as well…

but another issue is your selling yarn 2 after asking for it… I did not “see” where this person was selling yarn…

Where does this person’s post state anything about “shipping around the world”…

First post:

I really think it’s incorrect to assume she’s asking for yarn to resell. Go to the website she linked to her charity.

That was my point exactly Susie, I just didn’t know “how” to post it…I thought that question was answered hastily…

As a matter of fact,l I do tons of it…needles too…PM your address and I will get all out too you promptly…:heart:

i did and it says YARN STORE

and asks you to pick the yarn you want

thats why i said what i said and also said im a little worried about that i am not 100% certain thats just why i said A LITTLE WORRIED it wasnt the reason i wasnt helping

This is the link - http://www.caringcaps.org/ - and says nothing about a store that I can see. There’s a donate button if you’d like to make a monetary donation rather than yarn.

push the arrow it says

Vist the Yarn store

Go on Yarn Store it says

Pick the yarn you want to buy.