Yargh!

Well, this is just a rant, but I started these fingerless gloves a while back and I frogged them and put the yarn in a bag. Well, I wanted to start them again since I’m a more experienced knitter now, and I can’t find one set of metal DPNs that I need for them, and I can’t find the second ball of yarn! I found one ball in the bag that they were put in.

Well, we went through a hurricane scare and packed a lot of stuff and my yarn bin was used, so I threw all my yarn in the closet. I looked in the closet (not completely thoroughly) everywhere that I thought it would be. Well, I have yet to find those DPNs or the other ball of yarn - damnit!

Anyway…enough of my rant…rah.

Oooh!! I can imagine how upset you must be!! I hate when that happens!! Have you checked at taraknits.com for some used double points?? She really came through for me!! She has sets of dps–plastic and metal for as little as $3-something!! SHe ships it free and fast and she’s a great person who is a knittinghelp friend!!

I want to knit fingerless gloves for my 14- year-old grandson for Christmas–he’s begged me for them. I wonder if it’ll be so very hard!! I don’t worry about the ribbing and up to the fingers–but THEN, I don’t know!! Have you got a good pattern tha :blush: t’s free??

Actually, my problem is that I’m obsessive over it lol. It’s not so much that I lost them, it’s that I’m wondering “Where the heck can they be?” I do have other DPNs of the same size, but plastic and I have a ball of yarn I can use which is identical, but it’s bugging me that the yarn/needles aren’t where I saw them last.

Thanks :slight_smile: I’m just :?? about it, because it doesn’t make any sense that it’s not in the bag the other yarn ball was in, and that the needles weren’t in the ziploc bag that I keep all my notions in.

See my post on this same question (patterns for fingerless mitts).
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5504

Humble I am so hoping your yarn shows up. Do you have a kitty, puppy or kids? Sometimes they take these things too! Hate when something disappears!

Yea, I have 3 cats in my room, but my yarn is always in the closet or my bin…it’s a mystery lol.

I hope it turns up along with those needles :slight_smile:

I’ll check out your thred :slight_smile:

Angela–I was just noticing all the artisctic things you are doing along with knitting!! You are a very busy lady–and the portrait of your parents is really nicely done!! I checked your site–hope you don’t mind… I don’t know how you get everything done!

Thanks! I don’t mind at all :slight_smile: I just graduated high school and am waiting until Dec 6th to begin massage therapy school to become a masseuse, so I have loads of free time and have since I got out of school! And really, I’ve been procrastinating a lot :oops: But lately I have been getting things done within a reasonable amount of time. I also did swaps on Craftster.org…those took up a lot of my time.