yaaaaaAAAAAaaaaAAAAaaaAAAaaAAaAy me!

`
so yakima’s Craft Warehouse (been going out of business, last day is this coming sunday) just went to 70% off minimum in the whole store today. they still had 7 Boye Knitting & Crochet electric yarn ball winders and i got one for $30 (originally $100!)! i also got 2 of the Premier Yarns Deborah Norville interchangeable sets - the 10/10.5/11 and the 13/15/17 sets for $9.60 ea (originally $32 ea)!. a week or two ago they also had the 7/8/9 set, but those are all gone now. still, under $50 for my pre-tax total, instead of the $164 original pricing! and, i can get the 4/5/6 and 7/8/9 sets at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores or Hancock Fabrics with a coupon.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Wow, best sweep of a yarn sale ever!
(Always sorry to hear of another knitting supply store going out of business, though.)

WOW!!!

that’s like winning the lottery!!

yeah, i was pretty happy, for me. :wink:

i’m not totally broken up about the store closing… it’s a regional chain, and it’s high-priced. they weren’t doing well even before hobby lobby opened up last fall, although HL is mentioned frequently as the main issue. they were super popular with quilters, because they only carried 100% cotton, high-end fabrics. they also carried a lot of nice jewelry making supplies and beads, but charged a premium. even being packed with art supplies, across from the community college, and next to a hancock fabrics, didn’t save them. the ‘better’ needle art supplies were at the little red hen, a LYS that closed about 5 or 6 years ago.

I look forward to hearing how you like the electric winder. I’ve only used the hand crank kind.