Wrong side/right side with mistake rib stitch

Hi there! Iโ€™m new her and would appreciate your help :slight_smile: I am knitting a sweater in a mistake rib stitch (k2, p2 with an uneven number). Now the pattern tells me to decrease, which I know how to do, but doing that when ending on a wrong side. Now I am doubting myself, because it is a ribbed piece both sides are the same. Since the pattern states it explicitly (and only at this point) I am a bit confused what side to choose :roll_eyes: thank you for your help!

Hi,Iโ€™m new here too! If get confused over right and wrong sides on ribbing I just choose the side I think looks best,put a stitch marker on it and carry on.Iโ€™m sure Iโ€™m going to be told why this is wrong but it works for me.

1 Like

Welcome Piparsalt and Jo1855!
If the mistake rib as youโ€™re working it looks the same on both sides, then just choose a side to call Right side or Wrong side. As Jo1855 says, put a stitch marker or safety pin on the Right side and continue. Itโ€™s likely that the point is just to make all the decreases from the same side.
What is the name of the pattern?
Jo1855, That sounds like perfectly good advice to me. Thanks for posting.

2 Likes