Would this one work?

I want to make some curtains for my daughter’s room, because in the summer I hate having blinds or a shade that bangs in the breeze. She hates sleeping as it is and that doesn’t help.

I was looking for an afghan pattern to use as curtains. I really love this pattern, but not sure how it would look as curtains. Also, I don’t want to spend too much for the curtains, so do you think just an acrylic like Bernat SuperSaver or TLC Heathers would be okay?

My concern would be that it would be so heavy that no breeze would come in. Maybe something in a bit lacier? It would look beautiful, but you mentioned summer.

Yeah, I kind of thought of that later. I would want it to let the air in, but also block out the early morning light. I’ll think more about it. I want some kind of design on it to be pretty, without lining it.

I’ll keep on browsing patterns and see what I come up with.

A thought…would using a lighter yarn like a DK, but with the same size needles as worsted, totally destroy the pattern?? I would think yes, but I thought I’d ask anyway.

here is a pattern http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/na_knitting/article/0,2025,DIY_14141_5284270,00.html

Mason-Dixon Knitting has at least one curtain pattern in it, as I recall. You might check at your library–that’s where I found it. :slight_smile: