Worlds largest Booga Bag. *Updated--major disappointment*

I have created the worlds largest Booga.

After making two Boogas following the original pattern and being disappointed in the small size, I thought I’d try one by increasing the pattern by half. I cast on 50 stitches and knit back and forth for 50 rows. Then I picked up 100 extra stitches around my rectangle and then knit in the round for 100 rows and now I have a Booga that measures…

21 inches tall and 22 inches wide (before felting, of course)!!! It is absolutely freaking huge. If I hold it up to my waist, it comes down past my knees, and I’m 5’4".

I wonder how much smaller it will get after it is felted? It is just ridiculous how big this thing is right now. I probably used about 6 skeins of Noro Kureyon color 134 and I haven’t even done the i-cord yet.

I’ll post pics after felting, but it might be a few days. I have to use my friend’s washer as mine is a front loader and won’t felt anything.

Ack, I can’t remember how to post pictures!!! Help, I have two great pictures I want to post!

Trying again…

Argh, this is ticking me off.

Ok, I’m going down to the ‘Add an Attachment’ section and clicking the ‘Browse’ button. Then it takes me to ‘My Pictures’ and I select the picture I want and it defaults in under Filename. Then I type in my comment and click ‘Add Attachment’. But nothing happens…

Help!!! :??

If the image is too large it won’t post. The largest it can be is 500 pixels horizontally. Usually it says what the problem is at the top of the page when it’s too large.

BTW you can edit your own posts by clicking “edit” so you don’t have to keep replying to yourself. :wink:

I like replying to myself. :wink: :smiley:

Ok, the problem is the size. I’ll resize them and try again!

Thanks.

That is one hooga Booga! Did you do it in Noro?

I have a front loader, and I felted a booga just fine. I did “preheat” the water by running a prewash in hot through, and I think even added some nearly boiling water from a tea kettle. I think I had it in a pillowcase, with some jeans also (and maybe shoes?) but when I did the I-cords, I had them in a mesh lingerie bag and they felted much faster. It did take a few times through, but I feel that it did felt successfully.

It IS huge! :shock: It will shrink up quite a bit though. I love the colors!

…and if I need a new washer I’m going to get a toploader…none of this not being able to felt stuff! :rollseyes:

That is one big Booga! I love the colors–can’t wait to see it felted! :happydance:

Very nice! I love my booga. I use it for a tote bag.

I also made mine on the large side. Cast on 50, knitted 40ish rows, made it about 100 rows tall. Ended up being about 13inches x 4.5 inches x 14 inches tall.

I would recommend making your i-cord with at least 7 stitches. The 5 stitch one seams too thin since i tend to care more/heavier things in the larger bag.

That is huge - but the colors are great!

I just made my first bag a few weeks ago and I too was disappointed how small it was. I was going to do the same and increase the bag - you beat me too it - which is great because I can see how yours turns out!! Be sure to post a picture. I’m all curious! :thinking:

Love the colors! And that IS hugh! :shock:

My front loader does not felt, at all. It is one of the new Bosch ones, and it just doesn’t do it!

Love the color…I think the size is going to be just right after you felt :wink:

See now I wanted to make a bigger booga (say that 5x fast) but was a little intimidated. Thatnks for oging first :oops: I ccan’t wait to see how it felts :cheering:

It looks great…

Just don’t felt the cat!

What pretty colours!

love it!!!

how long was your icord???

I have’t made my i-cord yet. I needed a break from the project. I was thinking of making it about 8 feet long and a 7-8 stitch cord.