Working as is

I am working on a chart pattern and it says to work the second rows of the chart as is. I understand that means to knit the knits and purl the purls. However, now I am on a chart that has yarn overs, k2 tog and ssk stitches. How do I work those as is? do I p2tog instead of k2tog or do I work each stitch separately?? so confused…

Knowing which pattern you’re doing and a link if possible would help.

the pattern is called “two of a kind” found at projects.hobbylobby.com. I am on the chevron chart…the pattern is:

row 1: K1, YO, SSK, K3, K2tog, yo (repeat 8 stitches to end)
row 2: work as is

I think I found your pattern on a search but when I tried to download it, it locked up my computer and I had to restart so I won’t try again. I’ll just leave you in more capable hands. I would have to actually see the pattern and that ain’t happening. Sorry.

That is kind of an odd direction but yes, knit the knits and purl the purls. YOs, k2tog and ssk are usually worked as purl sts on the wrong side rows. Work each of these as a single stitch. That means that when you come to the yarn over, purl it. When you come to the single stitch that is on the needle from the k2tog or ssk on the previous row, purl it. You may not even notice the decreases on the wrong side row although you’ll certainly see the yarn over.

Thank you for the help!