Work stitches before moving to stitch holder?

Hello everyone!

I’m working on a sweater knitted in separate panels. Currently at the end of the back panel, but slightly confused about finishing up the shoulder shaping.

Shape Shoulders –
Cast off 11 sts at beg of next 2 rows, then 10 sts at beg of following 2 rows.
Leave rem 25 sts on a stitch holder for neckband.

After casting off the 10 sts on the last row, I have 1 stitch on my right needle and 24 stitches on my left needle. Do I work the remaining 24 stitches and then move the stitches to a holder? Or move them all to a holder now?

Thank you in advance for any answers and advice! :two_hearts:

Welcome to the forum!
What is the name of your pattern?
You could probably do either here. The next directions may be to use those held sts as part of a collar or neckband.

Thank you! :hugs: It’s The Staple Jumper by Knitwits & Yarns!

Here’s the neckband part of the pattern if it’s helpful.

NECKBAND

Join shoulder right seam. With RS facing, using 6.5mm needles, and beginning at left shoulder opening, knit up 14 sts evenly along left front neck shaping to front neck stitch holder, knit across 15 sts from stitch holder, knit up 14 sts evenly along right front neck shaping to shoulder seam, then knit across 25 sts from back neck stitch holder … 68 sts.

Yes, that’s rather typical. So the 25sts on hold will become part of the neckband. I would tend to just slip the 24sts plus one to a holder without knitting across the 24 remaining but you could do either.

Sounds good! Thanks so much for the quick replies!