Work getting in my way!

Does anyone have any tips or tricks to help me as the scarf I am knitting is getting longer and longer - it keeps getting in my way as I knit new rows. I currently am keeping the work in front of the needles and have it folded like you would a hospital style bed corner, but that isn’t really keeping out of my way as much as I’d like. I don’t know where else to place it. Thanks for any help you can give me.
:smiley:
Stefanie

Wear it while you knit! :smiley:

I’m afraid it’s not quite long enough yet for me to wear :frowning: . It’s just about at 12 inches. Until it gets to that length, what can I do? Thanks
:smiley:
Stefanie

:roflhard: When I read the title of this post, I was going to respond that my job gets in the way of my knitting too!

As for your real question, do what works best for you. Sometimes large stuff is unwieldly.

Well both interpretations are true. I started knitting the scarf like 2 weeks ago, and I’m not even at a foot yet. I wish I had more time to knit, I really love it! :smiley: I’m looking forward to the weekend to finish the scarf and get started on other projects.

Stefanie

You could fold up the part that’s done and put a chip clip on it?

that’s a great idea yvonne!!!

Stef, what do you mean exactly by its being in your way? Is it hanging in front of where you want to insert your needle? You might also try holding the LH needle differently; some people hold it straight up and down, some parallel to the floor, some at a 45 degree angle to the floor… some people hold the needle so it points OUT from their chest. Try to find a way that’s comfortable for you and allows the work to hang out of the way.

Yes I was going to say that my job puts a cramp in my knitting as well. Then I just started bringing my knitting to work. I work on it during lunch!