Work back as for front

I am trying a bottom up Gansey #3310 Whalsey and in reading through the instructions, I see " work back as for front". What does this mean? I have included that part of the instruction here.

Thank you (as always)
ClaudiaIMG_0830

Back under “Change to St st for plain section…” the front and back sections were marked off by false purl seams.
In the “Work definition ridge…” section, directions are given for half the total sts. These are defined as the front. Repeat the stitches and placement of markers for the other half of the total. These will form the back.

Maybe this one?

1 Like

salmonmac,
As usual, you are my hero. Yes, this is the very one. It looks challenging and it will be my first Gansey, but because it has very explicit instructions, glossary and chart, I think it is doable. I am certain you will be hearing from me as I make my way through the pattern!

1 Like

Salmonmac is a hero to all of us :blush:

salmonmac, would you look at the “work definition ridge” part and tell me what you think about the instructions regarding placing the markers? The pattern specifically calls for 4 different colored stitch markers, but the pattern seems to indicate placing markers C and D twice - how is that even possible?

Claudia

salmonmac,
I got clarification from the designer on the placing marker question, so please disregard. The instructions did NOT say (4) markers, it said (4) different color markers; there are two C markers and two D markers (one each for front and back of sweater)

Thanks as always!

Claudia