Wool Fuzzies! (Blocking related question)

I just finished a wool brioche stitch scarf that I am actually fairly proud of but there’s one little thing…The fuzzies! I have never worked with a natural fibre before and so I’ve never experienced this with the acrylic yarn I’ve used in the past.

NOW for the question!

Will blocking this scarf eliminate the fuzz that the scarf sheds onto EVERY SURFACE it touches? I’d really love to make that happen because I’d be happy to wear the scarf…just it’d be nice not to leave a residue behind when I take it off.

Thank you for all your help! I love this site. :slight_smile:

That’s what happens with most animal fibers. Washing the piece will get some of the loose bits out.

The other thing I’ve found to help is, believe it or not, extra-hold hairspray. Block the piece, let it dry and lay a good coat of hairspray on it.

Hmmm! Very interesting!! Doesn’t the hairspray affect the flexibility of the piece?

P.S. You’re awesome for such a quick reply! :slight_smile:

I and my friends work with a lot of natural fiber and I very rarely see this so I don’t think it’s just because it’s natural. The way it’s spun has a lot to do with it. What is the name of the yarn?

Sorry to say I don’t think washing and blocking will help, but you can always try. Also don’t think I’d spray anything with hair spray, but maybe that’s just me.