Woohoo! My first felted project

I made a booga bag using Wool of the Andes by Knit Picks, and I’ve just finished felting it. It is blocking right now which is why the picture looks so weird and unfinished :lol: but the felting went great, I found the PERFECT box to block it with, and I AM SO EXCITED!!! :cheering: I wish my picture showed the colours better. I used ‘cherry blossom’ and ‘carrot’ from http://www.knitpicks.com/yarns/yarn_display.aspx?itemid=5420103 The i-cord strap is in the cherry blossom as well.

:happydance:

P.S. How do I include those cool internet link things that so many of you do?? You know, where it doesn’t actually show the address, you just have to click on a bolded word to get there?? I feel like such a dweeb that I can’t figure it out. :rollseyes: :oops:

That looks great!!! :cheering:

I really need to do this booga bag soon…

if you hover over the URL button it will show you the format to use. Personally, unless it’s a long url I like to see the actual url so I know where I’m going easily.

Looks fabulous! I need to try me one of those Boogas.

That looks SO cool! I can’t wait to try one myself. I really like the colors you chose, too. :smiley:

That looks good. I still haven’t picked out what colors to make mine. :??

Awwww, thanks all!! :smiley:

I’ll post another picture once it’s fully assembled and ready to model.

:thumbsup:

:XX: great job. I :heart: the color. :thumbsup:

That Booga bag is awesome!! Great choice of colours :slight_smile:

Wow that is so pretty! I love it! I have some Knitpicks yarn… did you use two strands held together? Yeah! Let’s see the finished pic with the icord!

What box did you use? I remember a thread here somewhere with folks asking about boxes for felting… If you could lead them to the right isle at Sams Club or Costco, I bet they would be grateful!

That bag looks FANTASTIC. Make sure you take it with you for Worldwide Knit In Public Day…it’s SURE to get noticed with those FABULOUS bright colors!!

When you DO see one of those short links, Twig, if you hover over the bolded words, the URL will show up in the bar on the lower left corner of your window…

No, I used a single strand. :x: It knitted up really quick and easy and I didn’t worry about it looking perfect because the felting would cover small mistakes. I used http://www.kissyourshadow.com/stripe_maker.php to get the stripe pattern. VERY cool!

:cheering:

This is how you make a link in just one word…

Highlight the word (or words) you want people to click on. Now, copy the link. In your post, click on “URL” button at the top of the box. Now, in the first you want to add an = sign after url but before the end bracket. Now paste your link after that = sign. You should be all set. I hope I explained that alright :smiley:

That is fabulous!! I don’t really need ANOTHER item on my to-do list, but man, that’s making me want to make one too! :slight_smile:

Here it is. The finished object!! :thumbsup:

That is Ab Fab!!! Thanks for sharing the pic cuz I was wondering about the KnitPicks yarn. Now I know when I get that far on my list of projects (yeah, something for ME) I now know that yarn felts wonderfully!!! :XX: :XX: :cheering:

Now if I could only figure out how to make the bottom a bit sturdier :thinking: . It’s pretty floppy and won’t hold its flat shape once there are things in the bag. Oh well, it’s cute, right??!!! :thumbsup:

Knitqueen!
OMG I :heart: your bag!!! And the colors are delicious :drooling: .
Makes me want to make another felted bag myself!
Excellent job! :happydance:

Kelly

Knitqueen, could you possibly cut out a piece of sturdy cardboard to place in the bottom? I’m not sure if that would work or not…or maybe even a piece of firm plastic. Whatever you used, you could cover with a thin fabric (something very “drapey”), by spraying the piece with spray adhesive before covering it with the fabric.

Or, you could even knit a piece (square or rectangle) from the same yarn, plenty big enough so that once you’ve felted it, you could cut it in a shape to match whatever bottom piece you chose (cardboard or plastic), then glue it to the top of that piece.

I’m not really sure how much sense I just made, but it made good sense in my head. :??

That is SO cute and I love the colors - they are so very summer!

I can’t wait to start on my own bag. I bought the yarn about 3 weeks ago and still haven’t started due to other projects. Hopefully I can post my own photo soon!

Hopefully mine will look as good as yours too! You did a great job!! :cheering: