Woodland Shawl KAL- Starts July 6!

Finished the knitting last night. This weekend I will block it, I will have to spread it out on the lounge floor and put the dehumidifier on to get it dry, it is so cold and damp this winter.
Of course Bluebell with think I have put the sheet and towels down for her to sprawl on so I will have a battle there.

How do you determin how long it will be once its blocked? I don’t want to end up with a shawl upteen feet long:teehee:

Hi guys. I’m going to be a bit of a downer here and I apologize. I’m going to be off the internet for about a week or so. I’m having complications with this pregnancy and have been put on bed rest. Without getting into detail with what is going on I have about a 50/50 chance of either carrying to term or miscarrying.

I really apologize for sharing this much, but I wanted to let you know why I won’t be around for a bit and also I really just needed to get it out and vent a bit. Hopefully when I get back on I will have good news, if not, I will try to be at peace with it and trust that it’s all in God’s hands.

:grphug: All our love, we will be thinking of you and the family.

I have no idea! Perhaps once it is wet and stretched out you push and pull it to the size you want and pray that it stays that way once it is dry???

:grphug: Thoughts and Prayers are with you

Here is the shawl blocked and drying! It blocked out to 18" wide and 60" long. You can see the place in the middle where the leaves go the opp way.( In the first photo it is near the top of the photo.

:inlove: Very pretty! I love it.

I finally finished the first ball of yarn and moved onto the second. I really like how it is turning out so far. I will try to post a pic soon.

Half way thru the third and final ball.

:cheering: Can’t wait to see it. I finished mine and it’s off the needles waiting to be blocked. I don’t have anyway to block it right know so I have to wait for hubby’s payday.

It seems so short. I’m not concerned about width at all, but length has me worried. I hope I can block it enough.

Do you all think that after it’s blocked, if it’s not long enough, that I could undo the cast off and add more rows?

That is my worry about the third ball being the last. It seems so short I may dig into the fourth or if others think it is possible to pick out the cast on that may keep me from ending up with a blanket instead of a shawl

Finished and will be blocking this weekend

I’m looking forward to seeing it!

:happydance: Can’t wait to see it!

I’m still waiting to block mine. I haven’t been able to get blocking wires yet. I tried to block it with out them with just some sewing pins and I made my shawl all sorts of ugly!:teehee: Thank goodness you can reblock!