Wisconsin Sheep and Wool Festival

Wow. I just found out about this today:
http://www.wisconsinsheepandwoolfestival.com/index.htm?

I don’t know if the classes are full yet or not. Registration ends 8/20. Even if the classes are full, I’m tempted to go just to see (buy) all the beautiful yarn.

kimmie

I don’t know where you are, but I know that I was planning on going to check out the yarn/roving for sale! I am in Madison, WI. I was not going to sign up for any classes though. :frowning:

I’m in Illinois, about 2 hours from Madison. I don’t think I’ll take classes either this year, but I think I’ll go check out the yarn & stuff. I wonder if I could run up & back on Friday when the kids are in school…hmmmm… or perhaps Saturday & then I could spend more money…er…time there.
:slight_smile: kimmie

I’m not quite sure when I am going exactly. If you want to PM me closer to the date and maybe if were are going to go on the same day, we can meet somewhere?

That would be fun! I’ll let you know when I figure out what I’m doing.

Oh I’d like to go, I missed out on the Michigan Fiber Fest this past weekend.

Can you go, Dee? It would be great to finally put faces with names.
:smiley: kimmie

Oh yeah! I was thinking about checking this out… I ran across it while we were in New Glarus this weekend! I’m going to/throwing a baby shower on the 10th though…

Hilde, what were you doing in New Glarus? That is a cute little town, isn’t it? I like going there and checking out the shops, and of course, the brewery. :wink:

As of right now I can go, I’ll see if I can drag anyone from my knitting group along to keep me company. :wink:

I would really like to go, mainly to buy yarn and roving. Has anyone gone before? I think I can confince my DH for a road trip but only if I can guarantee that I can come home with nice wool to spin at a decent price.

I have not been before, but I was actually going to go and look for the same types of things. I just got into spinning and am looking for some great roving to purchase and I figured this would be a great place to go searching! :wink:

:frowning: Michigan plays Notre Dame in the Big House this Saturday so I’m out.

At least I get the house to myself and no guilt from an entire day spent knitting without human distractions, I’ll still have the westies but they’ll never spill on how I spent the entire day!

:happydance: I take it back I just talked to a friend of mine and we are going on Sunday!

DH and I just decided not to go. But since we’re not going we agreed to buy a ton of fiber online using their vendor list! We’ve just got too much going on this week.

Have a great time and take pictures while y’all are there!

I had such a nice time at this festival. The vendors were great and I came home with some lovely yarn 50% wool 50% silk from Briar Rose, a Sam the Ram kit from Blackberry Ridge, the Red Palm Bohus Hat kit from Kimmet Croft Fibers, a few patterns, and the Scary Doll knitting book.

It was 92 degrees and humid but we ventured out into the sun to watch a bit of the dog and whistle competition and some sheep shearing; I noticed that the sheep were wearing “coats” after they were sheared even though it was bloody hot out :??

The food was great, what other festival has ice cold milk to go with the brownie or pie you ate for dessert? I love wool and sheep but I just couldn’t pull it together to eat a lamb hotdog or lamb burger much less attend the cooking with lamb show.

I heard that this festival wasn’t as big as the one in MI but I really enjoyed it and it was only a 2 hour drive from Chicagoland.

We ended up not going, and it sounds like I missed a great time, even though it was hot out. Dang it! Hopefully if we have another one next year I will get there.

As it turned out, I couldn’t go either. It sounds like so much fun. I can’t wait to see what you knit up with your purchases!