WIP Sonata Crest of the Wave Tank - NOW FO w/PICS

I’m making this tank http://secure.elann.com/ShowFreePattern.asp?Id=134024 to hopefully wear to weddings this summer. I’m using Debbie Bliss 100% silk and oh my, is it a dream running through my fingers! I would say I’m a little less than 1/2 way done right now and I hope to have it done in a week. I think I’m going to have to buy another hank of the silk though, and at $14 each it hits my frugal nature a bit hard LOL.

That is beautiful! Be sure to post pics when you finish it! The DB silk yarn is sooooo soft!! :inlove:

:smiley: I love it…can’t wait to see your FO, it will be just perfect for summer weddings :thumbsup:

Wow that is gorgeous!

And I’ve seen the Debbie Bliss silk for less on eBay, but odds are its not your same dyelot.

Silk, you lucky woman you!

That’s going to be just incedible, can’t wait to see the FO!

:inlove: Looks so luxurious!

That is beautiful!! :inlove: What lovely stitchwork, too! Can’t wait to see it when it’s finished!

What a gorgeous pattern! You are doing a fabulous job!

oooh, I want to knit that too. Yours looks really good so far. I think I’m inspired to go buy some more yarn this afternoon.

Beautiful work!!! :inlove: I’m bookmarking this tank for possible future knitting. The completed project is going to be gorgeous!

i’m bookmarking it too! really NICE (i like it better in YOUR pics tho) :wink:
please post pics when you’re thru!

Wow, that will be gorgeous!

I finished this top last night (or very early this morning depending on your point of view lol). I haven’t washed or blocked it yet, but I think it looked good enough to photograph anyway. I do need to wash it before this afternoon so it can dry by tomorrow so I can wear it to a wedding tomorrow afternoon! The only modification I made to the pattern is to make the armhole bands into little cap sleeves. I wasn’t going to do this at first, but I simply didn’t have time to make a shawl or shrug to go with it as I had thought I might do, so I thought a little sleeve would help.
Thanks for looking - off to the washer!

Beautiful job and I bet it was fun to knit! :inlove:

Lynn

That’s really very pretty - and perfect to wear to a wedding! NICE!! :inlove:

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: It turned out to be just perfect for a wedding!!! I love, love it…the cap sleeves really set it off, LOVE IT :thumbsup:

Oh, that is beautiful!! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

:happydance: :happydance:

Way to get it done just in time!

That’s such nice work, you should be very very proud of yourself!

Thanks for posting the FO!

GORGEOUS and i love your modifications… wear it well! it’s lovely!

That’s beautiful!