WIP - My Flax Sweater

Hi Everyone,

I’ve been working on this Flax sweater that I’m calling ‘Mir Ist Kalt’ due to one of my boyfriend’s love of the A/C on Jotunheim temperatures (68F or lower). It is blue, to reflect the color of my cold skin during those times.

hrI1FBT - Imgur

I’m making this sweater in Knit Picks - Wool of the Andes, in the colorway Winter Night.

I’ve been knitting on this since 26 August and this is my fifth iteration of the yoke. I am finally a mere six rounds from the magic stitch counts for my size, then I can cast on stitches to form the sleeves and put them on waste yarn. From there, it is an epic saga of knitting down the body of the sweater before casting off and then finishing the sleeves.

I really love this knit because this is the first sweater I will have completed once it’s done. I love the pattern, I love the yarn, the color of the yarn (though this totally getting remade in other colors). This is seamless construction, which is wonderful. In short, I’m really happy.

I am hoping to get this finished by NaNoWriMo. Wishful thinking? Perhaps, but it is a goal I’ve set for myself. :wink:

3 Likes

Good luck you can do it

1 Like

Beautiful knitting and I love the color! Enjoy!

1 Like

Really gorgeous first sweater. I love your name for it, too. It’s working out beautifully and well worth the effort you’ve put in to get it right.
I’ve knit this sweater in a child’s size and loved the way it turned out. Yes, the pattern is definitely a keeper.

1 Like

Thank you! :blush:

Thank you very much! :grinning:

I chose the color because it is very close to the color of the TARDIS on the television show Doctor Who.

Thanks! I wish I were smaller. I’m making this sweater in XXL. It isn’t the largest size but it sure is a lot of stitches. It’s still a joy to knit. :smiley:

Yes, it really is and I’m very happy that you share that joy. Hope the rest of the sweater goes as well as the fine beginning. Enjoy finishing it and wearing it!

1 Like

Hope it isn’t “bigger on the inside” :wink:

2 Likes

I kind of hope it is. It would save me having to do modifications to accommodate my body shape. :rofl:

Great job knitting the sweater, and the color is beautiful.

1 Like