WIP: Lace rib scarf with handpainted yarn

I’m using the “Lace Rib” scarf pattern from 'The Knitters Handy Book of Patterns" with size 11 or so needles (my beloved pink plastic european ones!) with Sapphire Magenta Colonia 140 wool. Here’s a close up shot though kinda blurry and it’s actually LOTS more purple and not maroon at all. Darn camera!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOH! :inlove:

If you get a chance, I’d love to see a picture of it as a whole. Beautiful yarn.

You KNOW I’m not allowed to look at any more beautiful yarn! :doh:

Girl…that’s purdy…I’ve got the book & am going to look at the pattern now!! I SO LOVE THE YARN :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

thanks folks! Rebecca, it’s a fun pattern - though I kept screwing up using the chart (I had to rip it out like literally 7 times) so I ended up just writing the pattern down on a sheet of paper.

I got this far…

oh, it’s my first try at a ‘lace’ kinda pattern, too! the one photo is of the ‘holes’

Very nice! :wink:

Loooooove that yarn…it’s so beautiful!!!

OOOOoooooOOOOooooOOOO pretty :drooling:

so pretty :cheering: :thumbsup:

Carol, I always type a cheat sheet for every pattern so that I can easily follow it using my magnetic board & strip in a page protector…works like a charm :wink:

Ooooh! LOVE it!!!

:inlove: I love it!!! great job! :cheering:

Carol, how softis the Colonia? It’s been tempting me…

Tempting me, too…it’s GAWGEOUS :wink:

Pretty! I’ve been eyeing that website for a while now too, I’d love to hear your review of the softness.

hey all - it’s quite soft…

It is a lot softer than WOTA and Magellenes…

Ihope that helps a bit, gals.