WIP - Lace Edge Magic Shrug (Bedjacket)

This is a pattern from Moda Dea called “Lace Edge Magic Shrug”. I have twiddled with the pattern a bit in order to make it for my sister as a bedjacket. She is ummmm larger than the model on this pattern. My sister is also allergic to wool, so I am making this shrug for her with Bernat Softee Chunky in Hot Blue, because turquoise is her favourite colour. I have the 10" of lace finished and am knitting the 15" ribbing, then I will go back to the lace for 10" more inches, sew up the sides and… tada! I will have a bedjacket.

The pattern:

http://www.coatsandclark.com/product...llection+1.htm

The pattern I am knitting is #5 on the list, when you are scrolling down in Moda Dea Fashion Collection 1 (top row end pattern booklet).

That link doesn’t work for me. Looks like a pattern I would like to have. But the pattern I really want is for the table cover you have under the shrug. Did you make that? Where, oh where did you get that pattern?

I got that table cover at the Dollar Store here in town. I got the table and needed something to cover it with but I could not find a round table cloth. So I grabbed that for now. I bought two of them in case one got stained. Do you want me to pick one up for you?

I don’t know why that link did not work, perhaps try going to www.modadea.com then look for Fashion Collection #1 and it’s the fifth one down on the list there.

You are so thoughtful to offer to get the table cover for me. But I don’t want just the cover; I want the joy of making it myself. You know how that goes. Thanks much.

Pretty color. Can’t wait to see it when it’s finished.

Great beginning!:yay: I love the color. I’ve always wanted to make a bed jacket. Maybe some day. Sigh.

looking good, what a bright and cheerful color

My sister decided she wanted the body of the bedjacket knit in double moss stitch, so I tinked back five rows of ribbing I had finished, but not the lace pattern, and started the double moss stitch. It looks nice and I think it is going to be a lovely touch. Thanks for all your compliments. My sister loves turquoise and this is the closest I could get to it!

It’s going to be beautiful!! That color is perfect!

Awesome and the color is one of my favorites.

Oooo la la! Very very nice so far!

PS: I couldn’t get the link to open.

Try www.modadea.com click on designs at the top of the page and go to Fashion Collection Book #1 (top row, far right booklet), it is the fifth pattern down and is called Lace Edge Magic Shrug! I’m sorry you could not get the link to open. I just saved this and then tried it and it opens for me!