WIP - Irish Hiking Scarf - Update

After what seems like forever I finally found some knitting time recently and made some real progress on the scarf.

Oh, wow, Mason! It is so beautiful. I love the yarn you chose. It won’t be long now!

Looking good Mason. Not much longer and you will be sporting it in style.

looks very nice mason:inlove:What yarn did you use for it?

Thanks, it’s Caron Simply Soft Shadows.

Beautiful! There is a lot of knitting in that scarf. Do you use a cable needle or cable without using a cable needle?

Thanks. I am currently using a DPN for a cable needle as I seem to have left my cable needle in some hotel room and haven’t yet replaced it. The DPN works just fine. Cabling without a cable needle looks like more trouble than it’s worth to me.

Mason that is amazing and the colors are beautiful! I LOVE it! :flirt:

Awesome job:thumbsup:

Hi’ya Mason! :waving:

Your IHS is truly a knitted work of art! Love your colorway choice! Thanks for updating us!

I am currently using a DPN for a cable needle as I seem to have left my cable needle in some hotel room and haven’t yet replaced it. The DPN works just fine. Cabling without a cable needle looks like more trouble than it’s worth to me.

Thanks for the answer. I have never tried using a DPN for a cable needle, but then I haven’t been staying in a lot of hotel rooms lately either (so as to lose my CN :-)). Necessity causes us to do a lot of things in order to keep knitting. I agree with you about the idea of no cable needle. It always looks like so much fiddling around. But some folks love that technique.

Love the colors! Very nice work!! I just started Silver’s scarf (based on the IHS) but I’m not loving my yarn choice. That Caron yarn looks like it knits up nice. I’m going to have to check it out.
oh, and I’m using a dpn too. I couldn’t find my cable needle in my knitting bag and a set of bamboo dpn’s was all I had on the train with me. Does the job. :thumbsup:

Great looking scarf. You’re work has paid off.

Mason, what a beautiful scarf! Great job.

How beautiful! What a perfect choice for that pattern!

Looks like it’s almost done! It’s beautiful!

You do great work!

I use to drive a rig, spent hours crocheting while waiting for the truck to be unloaded, or reloaded.

There’s a truck stop in northern PA that has a yarn ‘store’ in it where I’d pick up a skein or two, think it was all donated, but they had some nice things.

Looks great :happydance:

That’s beautiful! I can’t wait to see it all finished!

Excellent work :thumbsup:-I love your color choice.

Looks great. That yarn looks wonderful in that pattern.