Wine Bottle Gift Bags (update)

Thinking ahead to Christmas, I recently went looking for a wine bottle gift bag pattern and was surprised that after several searches I couldn’t find a design that appealed to me. Mostly, I didn’t care for the ways the tops were handled, so I came up with a couple of my own, using lace stitches shown in “The Knitter’s Bible.” What I like about these stitches is that the holes for the ties are part of the patterns. On the left is Norwegian Fir and on the right is Horseshoe Lace. These were knitted on No. 4 needles with Red Heart Knitting Worsted that I had left over from another project.

I hope I’ve done this photo thing correctly. I thought an actual picture would appear above but apparently only the link to my “flickr” image is supposed to show.

Now I would like to find patterns for tiny Christmas stockings or other pretty miniature ornaments to attach to the ties. Any suggestions?

Oh, I love them! I know what you mean about wine bottle gift bag patterns, but you got it just right. Lovely work.

Slim, thank you! If you’re still online, can you tell me how to get just the picture of the bottles instead of the whole flickr page?

Those are beautiful beachwalker!

Here’s a few ornament patterns.

http://www.pinkargyle.com/mini-mitten-ornaments.html
http://everwhelming.blogspot.com/2007/11/rockin-macro-setting.html

Click the link in my signature to see how to embed a photo. I fixed this one for you. :thumbsup:

Jan, thanks so much!:slight_smile: I did follow your instructions, but I think I messed up when I tried to insert the image into an edit of my thread instead of putting it in when I started the thread. Hopefully I’ll do better next time!

Thank you also for the great ornament links!:thumbsup:

:yay: Those are great.

Yeah, that doesn’t work. Just reply to yourself and do the photo that way. You’re not the only one who’s had that problem. :wink:

You’re welcome!

Very nice work! And I appreciate the great photos! Thanks for sharing! Nice to have you with us, beachwalker! :hug:

very nice! I would love to do something like that for Christmas Gifts!!

Those gift bags are absolutely gorgeous! Lovely work!

Those are so nice!

Those are great! Are you sharing your pattern? Crossed Fingers

very nice! I would love to do something like that for Christmas Gifts!!

[B]Margaret,[/B] I’m so pleased that you like them.:slight_smile: They’re experimental models, but if you’d like to try them, PM me and I’ll try to give you some decent instructions.

Many thanks, everybody, for the great feedback! I feel I’ve had a wonderful welcome as a new member.:slight_smile:

[B]Pam[/B], as I told Margaret, my wine bottle bags are just experimental models, but if you PM me I will be happy to give you the best instructions I can.:slight_smile:

Love the way they trned out!

Bambi

Fabulous!

They turned out lovely! So much nicer than a regular gift bag too… :heart:

what a great gift idea. The look wonderful

They turned out just beautiful!! GREAT job!

Hi and welcome to the KH:)
They look lovely . They are so pretty and tastefully done . My FIL’s girlfriend makes them and she makes some horrid ones lol . Too fussy.
Yours are brilliant . Nice work :slight_smile: