Will my knitting be up side down?

So I’m kitting a top (bottom up) and had a bad week where my knitting is a mess. I’m back on track and plan to just continue and rip back the bottom. My question is this…

If I were to rip back the bottom, and wanted to add a few inches would the knitting look up side down as I would then be knitting away from the bulk of the project? This may be an obvious answer, but I’m knitting this project bottom up where the pattern says knit top down and the stitches in their pictures look exactly like mine. It would be a lot of effort to knit a swatch to figure it out if it is easily answered by someone who doesn’t mind a newbie. I did try to google it, and if there is a way I wasn’t familiar with the search words to find an answer. Thank you very much in advance! - Jill

What is the name of the pattern you’re working?
The knitting will be upside down but it won’t be noticeable. If you have to take out ribbing or a border to do this here’s a way that works:

This video may help too:

It is the Purl Soho Drawstring Camisole. It’s not rubbing I’ll be ripping, it’s about 4 inches of fabric. I can just knit an extra 4 inches of body but wondered if I could just rip and flip the garment and reknit those 4ish inches.
Here’s my rough patch and I’ll attach the pattern as well. Thank you for the help!

https://www.purlsoho.com/create/2016/08/19/drawstring-camisole/

As I understand it, the camisole is knit top down. You shouldn’t have any problem extending the length of this pattern at the bottom.
" NOTE You will work the front and back yoke sections separately from the top down, then join them to work the body in the round down to the bottom hem."

Don’t post the pattern due to copyrights. The name and the link are fine.

1 Like

The pattern is free on the Purl Soho website. I realize it’s instructions say top down, but for other reasons I am knitting bottom up. I just wanted to know if I could rip the bottom and begin knitting the other direction and have the stitches look the same or would they look up side down against the bottom up stitches I’ve already knit. If this just isn’t the fix anyone would ever knit, I can accept that answer too.

Thank you again!

Jill Pedersen Gestalt Psychotherapy
Jillpedersentherapy@gmail.com

OK, see the suggestions in the second post in this thread. It can be done. You might want to try a swatch for practice and to see the result.
There have been notes on Ravelry and posts here about this pattern. The complaint is that the yoke decreases start too early so that the armhole openings are too large and revealing.

My apologies, I didn’t catch that you had given me two resources. They are perfect!! Thank you again!

You won’t notice if it’s top down. I crochet mittens top down but I don’t like the front post, back post cuff. I cheat. I pick up stitches with a knitting needle and rib the cuff upside down. Kind of a hybrid mitten.

Thank you! I appreciate the help!