Who has done Magic Loop? What did you think?

I am going on a knitting retreat this weekend (not staying overnight, but I get to go and have classes all day!). Anyhow, one of the classes I am taking is 2 socks on one circ using magic loop. Has anyone done this, and what did you think of it? I am looking forward to it, and am hoping that I will like it alot since I have severe SSS.

I’ve done the magic looping - two socks on one 32" bamboo needle - not extraordinarily fun. But I bought a Turbo Addi 40" which I may try it again.

It’s nice to complete the two at once. But then again, it’s easier to throw one sock and yarn into a bag for easy portability to work, etc. If I’m just sitting at home doing it, two on one is fine. But when I tried to take it places - I spent more time sorting out the whole mess than knitting.

I’m anxious to try the turbo needle - at least I won’t be tugging things around as much as I was on the bamboo needle!

Good luck and have fun at your classes!! What else are you learning there?

Jouf

I’m only doing one other class, and that is correcting mistakes in cable work. I still have to do my homework for that class. :rofling:

i like magic loop knitting. not as much for socks, (since i knit at school and have to be able to put it down while taking notes etc) but i use it a lot for hats, mittens, etc.