Where's the yarn? I lost the yarn!

Hello:

I am knitting a baby pull over with a sailor collar (V neck front). I am working on the collar. The directions were to knit about 4.5 inches and then divide off half of the stitches to a stitch holder and work on the part of the collar that comes over the shoulder and narrows down into the tie in front. Now, I am starting on the second half (left side).
The directions say to go back to those stitches on the holder and “rejoin” the yarn.
Question: What yarn? There are no hanging tails of yarn on either side. I will have to introduce new yarn in order to begin knitting, but I do not know how to introduce new yarn when there is no tail to connect to! :teehee:

The directions say to go back to those stitches on the holder and “rejoin” the yarn.
Question: What yarn? There are no hanging tails of yarn on either side. I will have to introduce new yarn in order to begin knitting, but I do not know how to introduce new yarn when there is no tail to connect to!

Just as the pattern says…you will [B]RE[/B]join. So take a new skein…or if completely finished with the other side cut that skein and use that. Just start knitting at the point where you left off on the second side.

cam