Where to purchase knitting supplies

I am fairly new to knitting. I don’t have a yarn/knitting store close to me. I was wondering if you might share the best places to order from. I am also looking for a good book/website to actually “learn and understand” knitting. I can follow a pattern, but I want to actually understand what I am doing. Maybe even be able to create my own things. Any help with these topics would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Thanks! :muah:

knew2knitting

All the videos here at knittinghelp.com will help you. Especially the one that demos a small project, from cast on to bind off. Do you have a Joann’s, Michaels or Hobby Lobby in your town? They carry most sizes and types of needles, other tools and inexpensive yarns. Even Walmart has some of those. That can help get you started.

sue

If you prefer to order online…

Knitpicks
Elann
Joann
Yarn Market
WEBS

There are dozens more…just do a search on Google. :wink:

I’m not crazy about the name of the book, but when I first started knitting, "“Stitch n Bitch” by Deb Stoller was very helpful in really understanding what I was doing.

Knitting In Plain English by Maggie Righetti is great. But Amy’s videos are the very best.

Thanks to everyone for your help!! Much appreciated.

:hug:

Do you have access to a lending library? Most libs carry a wide variety of both knitting ref (and pattern) books. You could peruse them, see what strikes your fancy, and not have wasted an expenditure.

cam