Where to post a knitting club notice?

I want to respect this forum, which has been so helpful to me.

I am trying to start a knitting club in my area and do not know where/if I could/should post a notice in the forum.

Please advise.
warm regards,
joyt

I’m not sure about here, but two great places to post about groups and/or look for them is meetup.com and groups.yahoo.com

AND IF YOU WANTED TO DO SOMETHING MORE LOCAL, POST SOMETHING ON THE BULLETIN BOARD AT YOUR LIBRARY–THERE’S ONE THAT MEETS ONCE A MONTH HERE–BUT I HAVEN’T CHECKED INTO IT YET. I DON’T KNOW WHETHER I CAN SCHEDULE ANOTHER MEETING RIGHT NOW! :XX:

I have started a Yahoo Group. I have also posted on CraigsList. I will check out meetup.com. I will also look into posting something in my library.

Greatly Appreciated!
joyt

Don’t forget schools, churches, the rec center, coffee shops, and any other places people meet!

OH yeah, and almost all LYS will let you post a flyer for a knitting group! It really helps if you start your question with: “I buy most of my project yarns here, and I would love to meet other customers who knit so we can use your lovely yarns in a project together…” or something to that effect.