Where do you get your

Double Point Knitting Needles? I can only find 1s, 2s, and 3s. I am in need of a set of 6’s, 7’s and 8’s. I may see if hubby can make me some. He has some dowel rods. Have any of you make your own?

Debbie J

You can get them from JoAnns online.

I have made my own but I could never get the ends sharp enough (pointy enough). I have ordered double pointed needles from Knit Picksand Knitting zone. You can also use circular needles instead by doing Magic Loop or on 2 circs :thumbsup:

Debbie, i have made several pairs, sizes 4, 6,7,8–out of cedar twigs from my back yard.just whittled them and kept measuring them withthe knitting needle gauge til they were the right size. they are kind of bent and a little crooked, but they are nice and lightweight and smooth. takes some sanding and i also rubbed them with crumpled up grocery bag paper–for some reason this helps to smooth them. linknit41

I got a whole set of bamboo dpns on Ebay for just a few dollars. If I remember correctly, the shipping ended up being more than I paid for the needles! I have been completely satisfied with them.

I also bought a complete set (0-11) of bamboo DPN’s really cheap but I don’t think they were real bamboo, too light. Not completely satisfied with them but they are good until I can buy nice quality ones!

The ones I do have are all aluminum. I have 4 sets of size 3s =) Why? I forgot that I had the other 2 sets. 2 sets are blue and 2 are red. I will have to check out Joann’s. I don’t have an ebay account and really don’t want one. I think. LOL

Amazon.com also has a great deal on 14 sets:

[COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]Walmart sells needles. I’ve bot some there… but I’ve also bot needles at the local ValuVillage store - amazing what deals you can get there (yarn also)
And watch out for any yard sales too.
TEMA:knitting: [/COLOR]

Wow, 14 sets for $25! I’ve been trying to avoid buying any more needles or yarn for the time being, but that deal might be too good to pass up. Thanks for the link! :thumbsup:

I buy the Harmony Wood dpns from Knit Picks.
Cheap and I really like to use them when I make hats

That’s the set of DPNs I have. When I bought them, I didn’t know that they weren’t the same as straights, lol. I love them, though. They’re really nice to work with.