What's your favorite music?

Hey ladies,
Do any of you have a favorite artist or genre of music that you like to listen to while you’re knitting? My favorite recent music release would have to be Andrea Bocelli’s Under the Desert Sky. It’s a great cd I got at work (umgd) which includes songs from Amore and then some duets with Stevie Wonder, Chris Botti, Katherine McPhee, and Heather Headley. It also comes with a dvd from his performance at the Lake Las Vegas Resort.

I work in the music industry…and knitting is my way of getting away from the stress. So I find I enjoy knitting most in absolute silence. Or to the sound of a cat purring. :heart:

Usually when I’m listening to music, I really do like to listen and get lost in it (this usually involves lying down with eyes closed – I’m weird, I know). So I can’t really knit at the same time unless I’m listening to something pretty mindless. As for favorite non-knitting music, it’s pretty eclectic. The last album I got was Ecdysis by Miho Hatori (formerly of Cibo Matto). It’s not exactly new, but it’s only been available as an import so I wasn’t able to get a good price on one until I found a used copy. I give it a :thumbsup:.

I like to listen to accuradio.com stations (mostly the classical, Celtic, and Christmas).

country mostly but I like celtic too

I’m a jazz fan. But 40’s style jazz, not that modern fusion stuff. So classic Jazz, Lounge (ie: Crooners) and Big Band… :smiley:

Love Country :cheering: :cheering: also like evanessence, and modern rock :teehee:

Pearl Jam, Dave Matthews, Blind Melon, Gypsy Kings, Manu Chau, Eminem, Avril Lavinge, Harry Connick Jr, Elvis, Bob Marley, Ziggy Marley, Cold Play, Fiona Apple, Canadian Brass, Miles Davis, Louis Armstrong, toots and the maytals, Rufus Wainwright, Bare Naked Ladies, Aerosmith, Rage Against the Machine,

Yup, that is what is playing on my machine…

I’ve got a ‘well rounded’ taste …yeah… thats what I’ll call it…

oldies, oldies, oldies!!! 60’s and early 70’s in particular. Ah, the memories…

I really miss Cibo Matto! I’m so happy we can hear Miho in The Gorillaz…She is soo flaming cool… Didn’t know she had a solo album out , 'tis awesome
no doubt :slight_smile:

:noway: What is this “Gorillaz” you speak of? Enquiring minds wanna know.

Speaking of Miho, were you aware of this one? Sorta Astrud Gilberto-ish.

You probably already know that Yuka has a couple things out too – this one is probably one of my very favorite albums ever.

You know, you guys… I’m starting to wonder… do you think this was this a legitimate thread to begin with? It’s the only post the OP ever wrote.

What is this “Gorillaz” you speak of?

The other thing I’m wondering is… was this a legitimate thread to begin with? It’s the only post the OP ever wrote.[/quote]

my stars! you haven’t heard of the Gorillaz? They are a kind of super group (Hugely Beloved) made of some of the greatest music makers of today… They play a fictional cartoon character band …Miho’s alter-ego is Noodle
You must hear this song It’s soo heartbreakingly beautiful!!!

and here’s one you can hear Miho’s soaring voice

:slight_smile:

WoW! I’m going to have to look for their albums on Ebay…I’m trying very hard not to listen to the samples on your amazon link…I shall have to wait and be surprised but the bossa nova-ish tracks on the Gorillaz albums were amazing !

:blush: Nope. I have to admit that I’ve been pretty delinquent about keeping up with music over the last five years or so… I guess you could say I’ve been lapsing into fuddy duddy-ism. :teehee: Actually, what happened is that I stopped listening to the radio when I started working from home. At first, I was watching a lot of TV because I was obsessed with the stock market at the time, and I really liked being able to have CNBC on all day – not that I made a lot of money or anything, because I didn’t (have since lost my interest in it). Since then I really never bothered to hook up my office for radio listening. I really should try to make some room for speakers in here – everything sounds crappy coming out of my computer, and I don’t like to wear headphones if I can help it. sigh And the thing is, I don’t just miss the college stations, but NPR too.

Anyhoo, I had a cursory listen to the links you gave. (Thanks for sharing those!) So far, I’m a little underwhelmed, but I could see the first song growing on me, especially since I’m a sucker for strings. I’ll have to tell DH to look into them – he’s having trouble shopping for Christmas presents for me… speaking of which, who else do you like music-wise? Maybe I can give him more “leads.”

i like boceli too… josh groban…enya…sarah brightman…all new age and yoga music for me…

[color=blueviolet]I don’t really listen to music when I knit. I prefer to listen to podcasts, mostly knitting and technology, Podiobooks, and audiobooks. I only listen to music when I don’t have any podcast or audiobooks to listen to. I love scifi/fantasy and classics. I love all things 80s, but I probably listen to mostly pop and stuff that doesn’t get to be played on radio because radio seems to only let Britney and her followers on the airwaves. Right now I love listening to Marit Larsen’s Under the Surface. Check her out on MySpace and definitely watch the Under the Surface video. I love India.Arie and I’m addicted to all of her albums. If someone told me I could have only one album for the rest of my life I would choose one of her albums.

Other people I enjoy include, Allison Crowe, Anna Nalick, Bill Withers, Brian McKnight, Celine Dion, Destiny’s Child, Dixie Chicks, Duran Duran, Fleetwood Mac, Genesis/Phil Collins, James Taylor, John Legend, Micheal Jackson, Janet Jackson, LeAnn Rimes, Luther Vandross, slutty Madonna of the 80s not to be confused with Kabbalah Madonna, Mariah Carey, Maroon 5, Martina McBride, Nelly, Nikka Costa, Rascal Flatts, Toby Lightman, Will Smith, and Whitney Houston before she became a crackhead and still made albums.[/color]

I was just listening to podcast of NPR shows like Wait wait don’t tell me and THis American Life. Music wise I like Elliott Smith, Billie Holiday, Imogen, Coltrane, Dead Can Dance or Cocteau Twins. Mostly though I knit in class, meetings, on the bus or while watching teevee (movies)

[color=blueviolet]I love Wait Wait! And I only knit at work and on road trips. I have the best job because I can knit and listen to podcasts and audiobooks.[/color]

hate to do this to you since you hate headphones but this Gorillaz song is
Brazilian jazz http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS147Wkin_M

Okay my favorite favorite band since 2002 is Trespassers William love love them http://www.amazon.com/Different-Stars-Trespassers-William/dp/B00030M7SU/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_k2a_3_img/103-2997398-2389455

This is called Anchor:

I also love Emiliana Torrini

jessi_9783,
Nikka Costa has an incredible voice on Push and Pull -her voice whistles! Truly astounding! :slight_smile: