What's wrong with my knitting?

I’ve just started learning to knit and am currently knitting a ribbed scarf. As I knit, it seems as though the yarn is ‘fraying’ - my scarf is now quite fuzzy… How do I stop the fuzziness? Is it because of my way of holding the yarn? Or must I store the yarn properly so that it doesn’t snag on any rough surface? Or is it normal for the yarn to become so fuzzy as I knit? Please advice!! The yarn I’m using is 40% wool, 40% acrylic and 20% alpaca… Completely clueless as to why my scarf is now so fuzzy ):
-Trundlebugg

It could be the yarn, some of them are more fuzzy when handled and knit up than they look in the skein. Have you ripped out and restarted a lot?

No doubt it is the yarn. Some really changes texture when it comes in contact with your skin. It is no different than the pilling that occurs after wearing a sweater. Wish there was a way to stop it but I certainly don’t know how!

Some yarns just tend to get fuzzy. Alpaca especially in my experience. I knit my daughter some wool/alpaca mittens recently and they are quite fuzzy.

Nope, didn’t rip it at all… Perhaps it’s just the wool then. Thanks!