What's the PERFECT Knitting Bag?

I will tell you the same thing I have said to other people. Don’t blame me if you get hooked on the needles on this site but you should be able to see the messenger bag here.

Mine’s the cranberry one…

Ariuerlla
How much is that bad boy orange bag??? :?? : :?? I like it ALOT~ looks highly functional~~
and my orange lovin’ nephew would freak~!! :roflhard: :rofl:

I have the herrschners bag. I like it because of how much it allows you to carry. You can work right out of the side pockets with taking your yarn out. the inside is large enough for multiple wips and inside pockets for just about everything. Also has elastic thingys to holds needs. I like to carry this to classes or knitting gatherings but as mentioned earlier it is a little large for everyday or for the bag to be used of the always on hand, never leave home without my knitting. I am looking for a small stylish bag that can be carried in conjunction with my purse and not have me looking like a bag lady.

This is the one I have
http://www.ebags.com/baggallini/expandable_tote_microfiber/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=5788

I bought it years ago to take on a trip with me and when I started knitting I dumped my things in there. My improvement was the sliding zipper Zip Lock bags, freezer weight, and I haven’t found any “knitting” bags I like any better or even as much.

I got mine at Hobby Lobby - not even sure of the name brand, but it did say knitting bag on it - it is AWESOME! It has a zippered front where I can hold scissors and all my little tools, tape measure - everything - Then it has little side pockets that can hold all kinds of little goodies and needles - plus it has an open pocket on the front that’s perfect to hold patterns, and then the inside is roomy, has a space to place 2 pairs of straight needles and came with a yarn holder that you could use - I choose not to - but its fantastic! And with the 40% off coupon that Hobby Lobby has all the time - I think I got it for under $20.00 - It’s tan and looks a lot like a computer bag or purse - I LOVE IT!

I have a bag that my sister in law made me for Christmas. It’s very big, and it has several little pockets on the outside, and more on the inside. She also made me a needle roll to match. It’s very cute. It’s a mauve colored burlap on the outside, with green, ivory and mauve striped cotton pockets on the outside, and the inside is lined in an ivory garden print (pockets inside to match). It’s very me.

The only thing I don’t love about it is that all of the pockets are “open” pockets"…meaning there is no closures on them. So my little stuff flies out every time I throw the bag down (which I do. Alot). If I could change anything, I would add snaps to all of the pockets.

Misty

Hi it’s $40 at http://www.herrschners.com/products/sku-719402__id-3509.html

That sounds great. I go there all he time, is there a label on the bag or can you include a picture???

I will tell you the same thing I have said to other people. Don’t blame me if you get hooked on the needles on this site but you should be able to see the messenger bag here.[/quote]Ooooh love the cranberry and the mauve. How much did that bad boy cost you, if you don’t mind my asking?

That sounds great. I go there all he time, is there a label on the bag or can you include a picture???[/quote]

You would have to look to be sure but I think that HL has their knitting bags on sale for 50% off this week. Check their website. I know for sure they have the coupon for 40% but it was either this week or last that they have the bags on sale.

:oops: I just remebered that I also have this
one and it comes in handy too… you can fit a lot of yarn in it… has your side pockets for water, celle phone, and head sets… the front pocket holds tons of needles and is how I store and keep my DPNs… the pocket on the flap is very roomy and where I keep my gauge thing… and the way it closes you can fit your keys on it and keep up with them… I use this for classes too… just depends on what you are looking for… I don’t think its an everyday bag or not for me cause it is a bit bigger than I like… but its not as bulky as the orange one… :teehee:

I have the namaste everyday bag. love, love, love it.

I’ll have to post pics of it when i get home. It was hard for me to find pics of the inside when I was searching them out…

http://www.ebags.com/kipling/caronia_flapover_shoulder_bag/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=19147

I love the KnitOne bag for everyday but for trips and weekends I just turned one of my Kipling Bags (messenger) into a knitting bag and it works great! So many places for do-dads.

I want a GreenMountain bag but I’ve yet to be able to get one already made and the web-site says the waiting list is up to ten months! I’m too much the immediate gratification type :pout:

I also have a Namaste messenger bag. The peacock/blue color. I completely love it! Great for my knitting, school, etc.

I agree with what someone said, Hildie maybe, about it having a more sturdy bottom. That would be my only complaint.

I will tell you the same thing I have said to other people. Don’t blame me if you get hooked on the needles on this site but you should be able to see the messenger bag here.[/quote]Ooooh love the cranberry and the mauve. How much did that bad boy cost you, if you don’t mind my asking?[/quote]

It’s a bit expensive, but they’re all a little different–all the lining on the messenger bags is different. I paid $60 from Kemp’s store, Diva Knitting. I also use it everyday, so I’ll get my money’s worth. :heart:

i haven’t found the perfect one yet. I always seem to be carrying a million things with me, so I need a bag that I don’t have to hold in my hand. That is, one with a long enough strap to put over my shoulder. Also, it shouldn’t look too much like a functional knitting bag. It should look like a cute purse. Also, it should have at least a few pouches where I can put money and credit cards so I don’t have to carry another purse for those things. Actually, lots of pockets on the inside and a couple out would be perfect. But I haven’t found this bag yet. :frowning:

I had a picture in my mind for a long time of what my bag looked like, just a simple straw bag that would stand up on its own. And after looking all over I found it at Target a while ago on sale for maybe $12. I currently have in it 5 skeins of yarn, 6 or 7 sets of needles, 2 current projects, The Knitting Answer Book, eyeglass case and a few other little things. I love this bag, it holds everything I want and if I take it somewhere I just throw in my wallet and keys and I am off.

I am lusting after the new Tonya model from Offhand Designs.

http://www.offhanddesigns.com/

candice

does anyone have the KnitPicks KIPer’s bag? I want to know how they hold up, and if anyone has bought the whole set.