What's the best way to

Do a YO and then p1?

This is the pattern line:
p1, slkpsso, k6, yo, p1

After I knit 6, I am having a hard time figuring out how to yo and then p1. :wall: I’m feeling like a complete idiot right now. :hair: Can anyone explain this me? Thanks!

Do you knit English or Continental?

I knit continental and I would hold my right needle behind the left while purling after a yo-this way the working yarn is still in a yo position on the right needle but I can still put it in front of the left needle for the next purl stitch, without losing my yo~ does that make sense? :stuck_out_tongue:

btw, don’t feel like an idiot!! this is a valid question!! :thumbsup:

HTH!

bring the yarn to the front between the needles, over the top and around the needle and back to the front for the purl stitch.

I knit english. Here’s my problem… I k, then yo… if I bring the yarn back in between the needles, I lose the yo before purling. What am I doing wrong?

If you knit English doing any sort of knit, yarn over, purl pattern always feels like you’re wrapping the yarn twice (though it’s really one wrap, and 1 moving from knit to purl).

It doesn’t matter whether you knit continental or english.

You need bring it forward as if to purl then wrap it around again and it’ll leave a YO.

I sort of think of it as a one and a half yo. :slight_smile: