What's a 60" circular needle good for?

Two at a time magic loop slippers.

These are going to feel soooooooooo good. I’m using Cascade Yarns Lana Grande 100% Peruvian Wool, color is Camel. I’m just ready to start decreasing. I didn’t know what I want to do with the tops so I started with a provisional cast on. I’m using the Drops foot pattern found in One Step Ahead and a lot of their other boot style patterns.

Pattern modification: I have long narrow feet so I cast on for the smallest size but I’m working the length for the longest. I’m also going to try moving the decreases away from the center of the toe to see how I like the way it turns out.

Rhetorical question? Look forward to seeing your slippers!

Not so much, really. I remembered a discussion that included someone saying they didn’t know why they’d ever need a 60" circ. lol I found an answer, I didn’t know how to ferret out the old thread so I can’t reference it. I thought maybe whoever it was would remember saying something.

“…60 inch circular needle -
uh! good God y’all!
What is it good for?
Absolutely nothin’
Say it again…”

ok, i go back to my happy place now…

You are NUTS! It takes one to know one.

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

:roflhard:

They really aren’t any different than a shorter cable you’d use for most magic loop knitting. They just make knitting blankets and such easier.

The slippers look fantastic! It’s a perfect use for a 60-incher too.

They’re good for really big things. The blanket I have going is on shorter ones. I could use two shorter ones for these but I tend to knit with the wrong needle and that’s not fun.

I think for me the major way I’d use that length needle is I knit an Entrelac scarf, but my first attempt, the edge wasn’t all that pretty, then I found a pattern in which I knit the edge on at the same time, another one in which it is knit on like the front edge of a sweater, picked up and knit in seed stitch. My 40" needle was really crammed. Didn’t know how to do an applied edging at the time.

I’ve seen big knit afghans but never think I’d have the patience for it.

It is something I think in my head when I go to sleep, what I don’t have in my knitting arsenal. :thumbsup: Thanks, as now I have something more to want.:knitting: