Whatcha’ Knitting? September, 2020

Wow, September! Where did the summer (or winter depending on your hemisphere) go? It seemed to take forever due to the quarantine and yet flew by.
We love seeing projects you’ve finished, those on your needles or the ones that are still an idea in your head.

wool-480550__340

2 Likes

I will knit socks, socks and more socks this month. As I am wearing wool socks all the year around I am wearing out several pairs a year and now I need to refill my sock drawer.

1 Like

Still working on the Emiliana shawl that has caused so MANY troubles. Frogged 31 rows before I finally, finally! began putting a lifeline every 10 rows. I just posted this photo to the the FB Ravelry Crafters group asking about the last section color. Most people thought it was fine but to me it needs a transition, so… it’s another mosaic section in lavender and dark green and then finishing up with the dark green. 118790595_10224965451989830_2955830399419789819_n

2 Likes

Finishing with my Pandemic Pot Protectors!!! Moving onto a baby blanket with another color for the stars. I know I can depend on this blog for support and insight. In our time of waiting for the end of this chapter, time has really flown. Stay safe and healthy.

2 Likes

Yesterday I finished a pair of socks. I used a slightly modified Fleegle heel.
sockor2

2 Likes

PNWKnitter, the shawl is lovely. It’s work thinking about the colors because they are so well combined. This is going to be such a delight to wear.

1 Like

Engblom, great looking socks which will be perfect for the coming cold. The heel is beautifully neat and comfortable looking.

1 Like

I finished my Covid cozy sweater. So cozy I couldn’t wait to take it off after getting the pic.

![image|900x1200]
Starting a tee that was supposed to be worn this summer (not that I go anywhere): the V-Back Tee by Jamie Hoffman. If this hot weather continues I may get in a wearing or two!

Love the covid cozy sweater. That’ll be great in the cold weather.
Yes, I’m in an area where summer hangs on into October. I like the pattern for the V-back. That may well be a next project. Thanks for the information.

I made this cute joined scarf today.

1 Like

I joined it after i finished knitting it.

Well done! Have fun wearing your scarf.

1 Like

Made this tonight.

About 3.5 hours

1 Like

Perfect! Very well done.

1 Like

First attempt at a slouchy hat.
I’m vowing to make one piece a day.

I have a cardigan I have to nurse back to health. I’ll show you when it’s done.

I followed this pattern.

http://www.cascadeyarns.com/patternsFree/A353_ReBound_Hat_for_Ella.pdf

2 Likes

I’m working on patterns for my little pony style ponies and I’m back on the 1mm needles and thread wagon. Just doing tension square at the moment and haven’t measured my gauge yet!
Sorry it’s sideways, I tried to fix it to no avail. There’s also more of it since I took this photo.

2 Likes

Made this for my 2 yr old last week. It’s made of Sugar ‘n’ Cream worsted wt cotton on 4.5mm needles (aka “us sz 7”), 40cm circular and 20cm dpns. Top-down raglan, both body and sleeves in the round. I used german short rows to add height to the back of the yoke. I used mirrored “knit-below” increases–not sure what the standard name is in patterns, but they are my favorite general increase. The sleeves used centered double decreases along the underside. No pattern, so there was a bit of math involved, but that’s what I love about top-down raglan: it’s pretty flexible and adaptable as well as attractive and shapely. If I did it again, I’d probably make the neck hole a tad smaller though and the button slit a tad longer; it fits fine though, with room to grow.

He likes it, but asked for help taking it off after a few seconds: “off! hot!” :smile: So now, just have to wait for winter!

4 Likes

Monday’s Creation took me about 30 mins to make this cowl.

2 Likes

I think the knit-below increases are called M1R and M1L in some patterns. I like these increases too.