Whatcha' Knitting? November, 2020

Let’s see some of the projects you’ve been working on during this almost year of quarantine. Have you picked up some unfinished projects and completed them? We’d love to see them and also hear about you knitting plans for the months ahead.

pumpkin-hats

4 Likes

Oh my gosh those are so cute!!! :heartbeat:

I haven’t been knitting during the pandemic. Knitting for me has been a social thing and without the social it just didn’t happen. However, I just bought a Casapinka pattern called Sharon’s Glamping Blanket. I don’t have the correct amounts of 4 colors so I think I’m going to wing it with what I have. We’ll see how it goes!

3 Likes

Just finished Reversible Knit Lap Blanket by Yarnspirations with Bernat Blanket yarn in Almond for my son-in-law’s 40th birthday. I made blankets for all the grands this year and he said he wanted one too! #11 needles, Chinese Waitress cast on (and bind off) 96 stitches. Eleven pattern repeats. 50” x 61” This pattern shows up better than most I’ve tried with this yarn.

1 Like

Dug out some old Hobby Lobby I Love this Yarn stripes in cranapple as I wasn’t finding Christmas yarn in the stores yet (or that I liked). Last Christmas, I decided I wanted a Christmas scarf this year. I made Christmas stockings from this years ago on the Bond machine, but I’ll never finish more of them. After blocking, I’ll probably run a line through the ends to pull them back to body width. I started a red scarf last winter but now I can’t find the rest of that yarn in my stash! Hoping it’s in my other house.

Pattern stitch is mock cable on #8 needles. Also swatching WYS Signature in Fairy Lights & Cayenne Pepper for socks.

I have completed 2 jumpers, a poncho and several baby items this year, oh, and a couple of scarves. I am currently knitting a jumper in Tundra super chunky for my Mum’s birthday on 16 November - 2 weeks time but as it’s super chunky is grows FAST, another jumper for Mum for Christmas in James C Brett marble chunky, and Aran for a friend and a baby cardigan - I think that’s all… oh and a temperature blanket, but only got as far as the end of March!

2 Likes

Wow, @Beth_Leatherman beautiful blanket. No wonder it was much in demand. I’m sure the grands enjoy theirs and your son-in-law will love his. It’s not easy to get such pretty stitch definition from Bernat Blanket but you’ve done it.

Amazing number of gorgeous projects, @HershamGirl
You have spent a productive year even if you stopped now. Love the colors and patterns. Can’t wait to see the sweater for your mom’s birthday.

@Jan_in_CA that’s a good looking blanket and one that won’t ever be boring to work. It’ll be fun to see your version. Happy hunting for the colors!

i just broke ground on a freddie Krueger sweater, but it is going to be black and grey.

1 Like

Thank you! I keep wondering what your name is. Sal Monmac? Salmon Mac? Help!

Beth

1 Like

Ha! It’s actually Mary Anne.

2 Likes

The ombré effect on the first jumper looks great!

Cute hats and I love those happy models. :rofl:

That is gorgeous! Beautiful work.

Thank you!

I finished this a little bit ago, but I asked on here for help about the keyhole and thought I’d share the finished result!

2 Likes

That’s lovely, very striking and cozy looking. Well done!

1 Like

Thank you @Shintoga. It is my poncho, 2 strands of Twister (4ply) from Danish company Hobbii. Very pleased with it.

1 Like

thank you :slight_smile:

I’m making washcloths to match some handmade soaps I got online - the other ones will be different patterns as I want to do multiple colours, but this one is the Almost Lost Washcloth, in King Cole Vogue, wisteria shade. The soap is blue marble with a white dog and snowflakes on it.

1 Like