Whatcha' Knitting? July, 2022

We’ve seen so many stunning projects, finished and in progress so far this year. It’s fun and inspiring to see them all.
What’s on your needles or hooks and what plans are chasing around in your head or lined up next?
Any holiday knitting going on yet?
white-wooden-chair-table-bouquet-lilacs-spring-garden-needlework-knitting-recreation-area-shade-trees-own-relax-141758555

3 Likes

Old Shale Cardigan for Ladies by Anne B Hanssen design using JC Brett DK with Merino. It’s a nice knit so far :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Currently on the needles this colourful baby dress…

I have used dk yarn rather than the given finer yarn just because I wanted to use up some stash. I’ve also altered the top of the pattern, i just didn’t like how it turned out with the straps when I followed the pattern.

I want to add some colourful sewing on top and have been looking for ideas.

No baby to gift it to though…

6 Likes

The shale lace is lovely.

1 Like

Thank you x
I agree, it’s a pretty lace and there’s not too much of it with this pattern.

This is a very sweet little dress :heart:
Have you decided what to finish it off with?

I’m working on my own patterns patterns for miniature My Little Ponies. Right now I’m working on a Norwegian fjord (like the horses seen in Frozen), but only because they have such funky manes! The normal ones will have regular yarn or thread manes and tails. I’ve nearly finished the head for this one but the body and neck were done a few weeks ago:

4 Likes

Thank you.
I’m going to finish up the top in orange with longer shoulder straps from the back with buttons so it can be somewhat adjustable.
Then I want to add another colour edge around the neck and arm holes, maybe a little picot edge.
And then… mix up the colours with some sewing/embroidery on the lace bands. So far I haven’t found enough ideas for this, a little French knot and some duplicate stitch, still looking for ideas.

3 Likes

I finally (FINALLY) finished the AnkeStruck Diary cardigan I have been working on for what seems an eternity. Could not have done it without all the help I got from @salmonmac and others. Thank you so much

6 Likes

Charming and beautiful. Well done!

Lovely shape to this design, it’s so sophisticated. And you have knitted it perfectly. Have you worn it yet?

Thank you. No… not for me but for my daughter. Will mail it to Australia this week and hold my thumbs that it fits.

3 Likes

I love this phrase, never heard it before. I assume it’s the same as ‘crossing my fingers.’

I’m sure your daughter will be thrilled with such a lovely gift.

1 Like

:heart: Yes, the same but I like it better. Gives a sense of the inability to use your hands until the outcome is reached. :joy:

4 Likes

I finished my granddaughters sock with picot edge. My first toe up sock. It’s a little big but children do grow. It’s probably a size or 2 too big. I’ll do it’s mate with same proportions but after trying it on her my concern is a little big at the top. Her skinny little ankle/leg. I did a twisted rib prior to the picot edge. Does this tend to be looser than a standard k1p1 rib.

1 Like

Oops forgot pic

3 Likes

Lovely.
I know nothing about socks but just wondering if you needed to go a needle size for the ribbing? The stitches look bigger than the rest of the sock which I think happens with rib anyway with the extra yarn when the yarn moves forward/backward. Maybe that’s why the rib seems a little big for slim ankles?
I’m impressed by socks, they seem impossible to me.

1 Like

That sock worked out very nicely with the picot bind off. The heel looks very pretty, too.
Twisted rib should tighten up the rib. It may fit just fine when she grows into the sock. Alternatives are to decrease stitches or needle size just before the rib.

1 Like

Love the color and design. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks all of you for the encouragement. Going to take a short sock break. Work on another work in progress. Then back for round 2 of sock. Think I might get a size smaller of the flexible dpn for the cuff, in the meantime. So onward I go. Believe me I have several options of projects to get back to. Think I’ll start with the jumper (dress) in progress, so ready for fall/school for my granddaughter. Also have 2 throws in progress but they can wait cause they don’t need to be done until the holidays.