Whatcha' Knitting? July, 2020

Are you starting new projects or working away at those unfinished ones (the UFOs)? We’d love to see your latest or hear about your plans.
Stay safe and healthy as we work our way through the new month.
7d13527bfd2a565cb50ffdcbfc49efd1

1 Like

A minion, for a very dear colleague who is leaving at the weekend. I’ll try and post a photo later, he’s only half done so far!
Edit for photo:

Still working (off and on)- Emiliana shawl in three colors.

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/emiliana

2 Likes

I am still working on the Gansey sweater for my daughter. While it is very detailed work (lots of stitch markers and every round is different) the instructions are very explicit and the designer, Jen Hagan, is extremely responsive to email pleas for help!IMG_0851

3 Likes

This sweater is working out so well. It’s a pleasure to see it in process. Gorgeous color, too.

Hi Everyone. Still working on my Pandemic fruit slice pan protectors!!! I just printed a knitting pattern for a poncho, but it might have to wait since my daughter informed me that she would like a baby blanket for her 3rd child due in November! She’s still deciding colors. Meanwhile, I am trying some embroidery stitches. Life is so much fun to explore. Stay well and safe everyone.

1 Like

Here’s my latest creation. Modelled by my husband (although he’s being shy!). The Rock Island Line Sweater by Jane Howorth. Some of you may recall I had previously knitted him a sweater using the blue and i had some left over so I knitted him this.

4 Likes

What a good looking sweater! It’s so well knit and obviously fits perfectly. Well done all around.

1 Like

Thank you :blush:

The silvery grey and dark blue make a very sophisticated colour scheme!

2 Likes

Thank you. That was my choice. If I’d left it to him who knows what combination it would have been!

2 Likes

That looks great! It looks professional!

1 Like

I’m new here! I’ve been on Ravelry since 2018 though :smile: I’m nearly 16 and I promote knitting and crocheting for shelter cats- I have a whole group about it on Ravelry too! I’ve also been in about 7 magazines now to bring more knitters to charity crafting.

I’m knitting a design from a friend, Ibis Cowl. It is such a wonderful design! I’m knitting the last 8 rows- perfectly plain k2 p2 ribbing. But I’ll have a lovely cowl after! This is an old progress photo- my hair is in no state to be photographed with a WIP right now :joy:

3 Likes

Welcome to KH!
Knitting and crocheting for shelter cats is such a kind act.
Beautiful cowl, too.

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll try to get a better picture for you later. I love all cats very much, and want to do what I can to help them!

1 Like

Welcome to this fabulous Knitting Help forum. It is an extremely rich and responsive resource for all things knitting and the responses never fail to assist.

It is wonderful that you have found knitting at almost 16; I learned how to knit when I was about that age, but never really got into it until about 45 years later. The touch and feel of the yarn, as well as watching the pattern grow right before your eyes, is a delight that cannot fully be expressed in the written word. That cats and kittens benefit from your enjoyment makes it extra special. My two cats, Sophie and Elliot are appreciative, although they may not actually know it, of the sanity that knitting provides their Mama!

3 Likes

Thank you! I taught myself to crochet at 10 years old- taught myself to knit at 13 years old, then met lots of wonderful friends on Ravelry that gave me the materials to spin, weave, tat, make kumihimo and lucet cords, and much more! I love my crafting!

I notice that you joined KH on my birthday in 2016 :smile: