Whatcha' Knitting? February, 2021

And the knitting and crochet adventure continues! Let’s see the projects you’ve started or completed and let’s hear about the ones you’re planning.
Here’s a Valentine’s Day treat:

3 Likes

I’ve been working on this stuffed donkey. I’m not really a “pattern person” but in this case I’ve been using this pattern: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/natas-knitivity-donkey I’ve found the instructions to have a few small errors fyi, but nothing I couldn’t work around, and the shaping is clever and I like the choices of techniques used.

I’m using some cotton yarns I had on hand–the brown is Blue Sky organic cotton worsted and the white is Appalachian Baby chunky (actually close enough to the same gauge that it works). Using thicker yarns means my donkey is bigger than the designer’s of course. I’m stuffing it with a combination of strips of quilt batting and some yarn scraps.

(The hard part is my two-year-old knows I’m making it for him. He’s being very patient but he’s just dying to play with it every time he sees me pick it up.)

1 Like

I understand your 2 year old. I can’t wait to see it finished myself!

2 Likes

I’m currently almost done with the border of my first cardigan. I’m using the pattern Harvest by tincanknits and using Lion Brand Summer Kiss in Earl Grey. I’m going to have plenty of yarn left over so I’m thinking about adding some pockets.

2 Likes

How to cause an argument. Waiting for the arguing to begin. Never allowed to do one - always three.

4 Likes

Hi Everyone :wave:t2:
Have just picked up my needles again after a 30 year break !! New grand baby on the way in July.
To say I’m a bit rusty is an understatement sticking to DK and little matinee jackets in the meantime. Hopefully I can remember what to do !! x

3 Likes

Nanny189, darling sweater. It will look even cuter on!

1 Like

Welcome to KH, GranmaGail!
Congratulations on the new grandchild on the way, the best reason to get back to knitting.

1 Like

Just off the needles and now blocking, a cardigan for my daughter. Carbeth Cardigan and Miss Babs bulky K-2 wool (Old Gold). Hope it fits; it’s a leap of faith as she lives in Australia.

3 Likes

Oh, wow, will she ever be surprised and pleased. It’s just a stunning color and so much fun to see this pretty design worked out.

1 Like

Thank you so much. I learned so much making this one. Kichner stitch, icord buttonholes. Fun!

1 Like

Just a quick update to show the finished donkey from my earlier post! :slight_smile:

He’s not perfect, but my son won’t care, and he was (mostly) fun to make…

5 Likes

He (or she) has a proper donkey look. I love the way this turned out.

1 Like

I love the donkey so much! And the coaster looks good too.

1 Like

WOW
nice work

This is not made by me, but by my wife. She made them for me.
vantar2

5 Likes

EEYORE! So cute. Love they little guy and I bet your son does too. Well done.

1 Like

These are really beautiful and I bet warm and toasty. A goal of mine is to make this sort of complex knit pattern before I die.:ok_woman:t2: Well done!

2 Likes

Perfectly made! Those are really gorgeous mittens.

2 Likes

I haven’t received an email update for a couple weeks. Just checking in! I’m working on graduation gifts but can’t wait to get back to socks! I really struggled with the slow knitting on the brown afghan, so the other two are crochet! Almost done with the red then I have one to make for my daughter. I made one for every grandchild last year and one for this daughter’s husband. She didn’t want one at the time but has since changed her mind. Bernat Blanket yarn. Oh so soft and snuggly!!!

2 Likes