Whatcha' Knitting December, 2023

Time for more holiday cheer! Whether you’re in the midst of gift knitting or not, we’d love to see what’s on your knitting needles or crochet hooks.
Here’s the annual Advent Calendar with lots of ideas (but no peeking ahead).

2 Likes

Thanks! I always have to click the next day’s to see what pops up. lol I love that Drops patterns will have charts.

GG what yarn to use for this? It is to expensive to order from Europe.

Good question. I’d go stash diving and find something I thought would work.

The linen stitch scarf was finished tonight, the hat and all the baby outfits and blankets were last month’s knits. Scarf and hat for my son and baby things are ready for my new great grandaughter expected early next year.

8 Likes

Exquisite as ever. Congratulations on the coming great granddaughter! Those are all lovely welcome home gifts.

1 Like

Oh my word, those baby items are just too gorgeous!
Congratulations! How exciting!

1 Like

I am endlessly amazed at the talent and knowledge showcased here! I hope to someday be able to knit projects as beautiful as these - and offer some small bit of my own knowledge

3 Likes

Yet another advent project with a twist, a mystery Christmas stocking pattern from Arne & Carlos. It may not be the perfect project for this year but looking ahead to next year…
https://arnecarlos.com/advent-calendar-2023-free-pattern-december-1/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=advent_calendar_kal_with_free_pattern_starts_today&utm_term=2023-12-01

2 Likes

I finished my striped base layer sweater yesterday. I’m so happy with the fit and happy that i got good use out of the lovely harn i was gifted. No photo as it’s having its first wash.

Now back to my yarn spaghetti intarsia project and lots of other projects spinning around my head, too many things I want to make!

5 Likes

Thanks

I finished the Alaska hat for my friend in the US today. I’ve put a pom pom on it now and it’s packed up ready to be posted tomorrow.

10 Likes

That is such a beautiful and striking hat! Your friend will love it.

Your yarn and color choices are just exactly right. Usually I think stranded knitting using mult-color yarn is not so great but here it works to beautiful effect. Well done. Someone’s gonna love opening that package!

1 Like

Beautiful work!

1 Like

Very nice hat!

1 Like

That’s gorgeous, looks like the trees are in front of a beautiful winter sunset!

2 Likes

Just finished this for another friend. Not blocked yet.

Used Quince & Co Finch. It’s so perfect for colourwork. Just the right amount of ‘stickiness’

6 Likes

Beautiful :+1::heart:

Thanks. It’s having a soak now. When it’s blocked I might go over the front bike with some glow in the dark yarn I have in duplicate stitching. Will be a nice little surprise for my friend. This one is also going to the US, to the husband of the friend I made the Alaska for.

3 Likes