Whatcha' Knitting?, December 2020

Beautiful work.

Knitting as a favor to my cousin, a child’s cardigan for her grand daughter. Brink Sweater by Heidi May.
Cute pattern and fun watching the back pleat emerge! image|1200x900, 50%

2 Likes

What a lovely cardigan! I know a little girl who would love one of these.

1 Like

Love that green poncho! My favourite colour! :heart_eyes:

Thank you! Green is my favorite color too.

1 Like

Very quick knit. Super fun pattern but those giant needles…ouch. Never thought bigger would be harder but, yep. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It’s a real adjustment to go to extra large needles. I just made some hats on size 13 needles which is a big change for me.

1 Like

Exactly. And that cardigan pattern uses a 15!

I made these gloves to match a hat I had in my stash, to give a friend for Christmas. It’s a slouchy hat and she didn’t want a pompom so it’s bare on top! You can’t see it properly, but the gloves have Latvian braids (the pink/purple metallic bands). Never done those before but they weren’t too difficult.

3 Likes

Beautiful set. The Latvian braids can be difficult if you make them too tight. Yours look very nicely done.

2 Likes

Thanks, salmonmac! I was using larger needles than normal (compared to 1.5mm, most needles are big!) so I think that helped with the braids.

1 Like

For my son moving from Arizona to Maryland in January. He’ll need them there. Hope they fit. It’s a paid pattern from Knit Picks “Pop Top Mittens”. I used Knit Picks Swish in chestnut. #6 needles and I made the cuff longer. Not blocked yet, just off the needles.

I finished my first Tempestry project. It’s for Canton Georgia, 2012. It’s done in linen stitch, one day per row. I added a row between each month and slipped the first stitch, instead of a seed stitch border. Lots of work weaving in the ends - but I like it.
Also did a really cute baby blanket. From Ravelry: Tilting Blocks Baby Blanket. It’s a gift for a baby boy coming in March. Very quick and easy to do.

5 Likes

Wow that is so beautiful @blulow :heart_eyes: and those colours… :star_struck:
The blue-green one is so lovely, and my favourite colour!

Both projects, so well done. It looks like you’ve had generally nice temperatures throughout the year (and what a year to remember!).

The baby blanket is gorgeous and is a fabulous gift.

I’ve been knitting chunky hats and had a go at cable knitting I suffer with anxiety can’t leave the house and I have found knitting has helped enormously if I’m not knitting I feel stressed so it is good for me in more ways than one!!!

2 Likes

Beautiful work, @blulow
The tempestry project looks like fun and the blanket it an heirloom gift.

Mum’s jumper for Christmas! Just needs a little bit of fine tuning then it’s ready to be wrapped.

4 Likes

What a stunningly gorgeous sweater!
What pattern and yarn did you use?

The pattern is Bloomfield by Berrocco and the yarn is Scheepjes Colour Crafter in Alkmaar

1 Like